Chapter 76: Rescue

AUTHOR

"Lilith? What's wrong?" Y/n asked as she exchanged glances with Carlos. 

"Come here right now, Y/n. Timothee's injured and I-I-I," Lilith sniffed," I don't if he's still... he's not stable! I don't know how to explain, I-I--"

"Alright! Calm down Lil, we're going. Just stay put, you hear me?!" Y/n ended the call and abruptly stood up.

Carlos did as well.

"Ready the car!" Y/n shouted as she went up the stairs. 

Carlos  wore his boots and searched for the car keys inside his bag. 

"What did she say?" Carlos yelled.

Y/n came running  down with a scarf around her neck and a gun on  her hip. 

"Something happened to Timothee. I think they were ambushed." Y/n explained.

"Y/n?" Jia called out.

Y/n knelt and pulled her in for a hug. She gently caressed the little kid's head and kissed her forehead.

"We'll be back before you know it."  Said Y/n.

She broke the hug and cupped the girl's face. 

"For now, I want you to look after the house and stay with Mother Amelia, alright? Lock all the doors and windows. Don't open it unless you know who it is. Do you understand?" 

Jia bobbed her head. "Yes. Is uncle Timothee dead?" 

Y/n sighed. "I'll make sure that doesn't happen, hmm?" 

Carlos rubbed Jia's head before following the bioweapon outside. While Carlos  went to the parking lot, Y/n jogged towards the big tents with a cross on it. Y/n panted as she reached her destination and forcefully shoved her way inside the tent. There weren't that much patients so she immediately saw Dr. Park at the end.

"Doctor!"  She shouted. 

Y/n stopped at his desk to which Dr. Park lifted his head from his notes in shock.

"Y/n? What brings you here?" Dr. Park asked. 

Y/n slammed her hands on his table. "I need your help, doctor."

"I'm afraid that'll have to wait, Y/n. I  just have to finish these reports--"

"It's my brother!" Y/n snarled.

The whole tent hushed and turned towards them as they watched her hair rise strand by strand. Dr. Park quickly grabbed a suitcase and stood up. 

"Wait for me in the car." 

-- 

Lilith descended the stairs and stumbled upon a wall that she accidentally bumped on a switch. The lights in the halls turned on one by one and she gasped at the amount of lickers resting near the emergency room. Some of them rose and crawled slowly towards her. Lilith didn't take a step back. Instead she walked slowly, using the wall for support. 

"It wasn't me." Lilith said. 

One specific licker drew its tongue around its face and hissed, in a attempts of scaring her but its expectations were cut off as soon as Lilith stomped her foot forward. 

"Stop! I didn't kill him okay?!" She cried. "Plus he's not dead! I know he's not."

All the licker's lowered their heads and crawled away with their tails between their legs. Lilith continued on with a heavy heart and slumped on the chair beside Timothee. She took a look at him one last time and eventually passed out.