Chapter 75: Help is on the way

AUTHOR

"Lilith. Help me." 

Lilith pushed herself up with the help of an armchair and ran outside. She knelt beside Timothee despite the pool of blood beneath them. Lilith scanned his whole body where five shells are oozing smoke out of his skin. 

"What did they do to you--" Lilith's  breath hitched. 

Timothee reached for her hand and clasped it. Squeezing it gently. 

"Shh. Don't cry." Timothee rubbed her palm. 

Lilith sobbed. "I-I didn't know they were here... they j-just started shooting...then--"  

Timothee sighed. "Calm down, Lil. It's okay. It's over now."

He caressed her cheeks and wiped the tears on her eyelids before planting a soft kiss on her hand. 

"You'll get a real one from me later but right now, listen closely." Said Timothee.

Lilith nodded. As Timothee eyed the drone retreating upwards, the livestream stopped on Wesker's end. 

"Right. I want you to reach for my left shoe. There's an excess leather on the calf. Pull it." Timothee pointed at his left leg.

Lilit moved over and carefully removed his shoe.  She saw a piece sticking out so she took it off and a compartment opened. Just enough space to fill it with something long and pointy. Lilith picked up a scalpel and widened her eyes.

"No." Lilith panted. 

"Lil, c'mon." Timothee begged.

"No! This...this is that scalpel. Right? I don't think I can-" 

"You have to stab me with it." 

Lilith noticed him twirling his limp hand around the buttons of his shirt and she got the message. She undone it for  him and gasped at the open wounds evident on his chest and stomach. 

"I can't. You're not gonna die on me--"

Lilith cursed as Timothee yanked her hand and stabbed the object straight to his heart. His eyes widened and he turned his head to the side as he coughed out blood. Then he pulled it out and tossed it away.

"Help me get back up." Said Timothee as he felt a little ounce of energy.

Lilith nodded and placed a hand on his back and the other around his hand as they got off the ground together. Timothee slung his arm around her shoulder and they walked towards the stairs. 

Timothee dragged one leg at a time while using Lilith's arm for support. Luckily, the door was already open so they entered with ease. Lilith looked back for a second and shivered at the trail of blood they created. The lickers started to sweep it up for them. 

"Push the counter." Timothee said as he stumbled on a bar stool and held onto it.

Lilith hurriedly pushed all the things on top away and with both her arms, she hugged one edge and pushed it to the right. Timothee was indeed correct. There's a hidden laboratory underground. Once done, Lilith offered her arm and shoulders for him again as they descended the spiral stairs.

--

"Put me on the table." Timothee mumbled.

Lilith assisted the man as he laid down on the cold metal table and before she turned the lights on. She widened her eyes when the room they entered is an emergency room filled with surgical instruments and health related machines. 

"Reach for the tools on that tray." Timothee weakly pointed to his left.

Lilith nodded and moved around. She scanned the tools and stammered.