Chapter 77: Blood of my Blood

AUTHOR

Dr. Park injected the vial of Timothee's blood with T-virus first. He also managed to operate the ECG before doing so. That way he can monitor his heartbeat status.

"Carlos, hold his shoulders. Y/n and Lilith, the arms." Dr. Park ordered as he followed the injection with Y/n's blood. Draining every last bit of it.

Dr. Park threw the syringes away and went to hold Timothee down by the feet area while they waited for a result. He switched glances with the man and the monitor. They all did as they kept silent. Only the beeping sound echoed eerily inside.

"Is he okay?" Y/n was growing impatient.

Dr. Park was about to speak when Timothee's hands twitched and his eyes blinked. His veins crawled to his neck and glowed a faint blue. Dr. Park looked at the monitor and noticed the rhythm was going faster than normal.

"It's jumpstarting his heart." Said Dr. Park.

As the beeping increased, the more Timothee violently tossed and turned under the sheets. He shivered underneath the wires and his breath fogged the oxygen mask around his mouth and nose. His breathing pattern elevated which triggered Y/n's weave to tingle a bit

"He's not going to transform, right?" Lilith asked.

"We don't have straps to hold him down so let's just pray he doesn't." Answered the doctor.

Y/n glared at him. "Are you sure this is safe?"

Dr. Park sighed, "Trust me. If you think I'm wasting your time, you can have my head any minute now."

Y/n scowled at this.

Timothee stopped shaking, allowing everyone to take a breather.

"Notice the changes?" Dr. Park asked.

The redness came back to Timothee's skin, making him more alive than before. Dr. Park went around and opened one of his eyes.

"No more slits. He's back to normal."

--

Y/n sat beside Timothee's bed and caressed his arm.

"Why did you use my blood?

"Because that's the same one that runs through your mother's veins." Dr. Park answered while removing his gloves.

"How long till he wakes up?" Lilith asked as she took a sip of the cold glass of water in her hands.

"His wounds are healed and the bruises are gone. Pretty sure he'll wake up tomorrow morning. To be honest, if we didn't get here on time, he would've been dead by midnight." Said Dr. Park.

Carlos raised a hand and questioned, "So what prolonged his life?"

"The death scalpel and that large dose of T-virus. Timothee is smart y'know? He knew he was dying and he knew that you would call Y/n--"

"Wait, wait, hold up. Death scalpel? What the hell is that?" Y/n butted in.

Dr. Park rummaged through his bag and picked up a rectangular case. He pressed his thumb on the scanner and it opened. Lilith instantly recalled the same process Timothee did before.

"Looks familiar, Lilith?" Dr. Park smiled.

Lilith nodded.

Dr. Park sighed. "Now, this is a death scalpel. It's designed for Bioweapons to use incase they fuck up a mission. All they have to do is to stab either their heart, forehead, or nape. The deadliest point is the forehead, it can shut down their whole nervous system, resulting to a coma. If Timothee didn't use this, he would only have about twelve hours to live. Six for the surgery process and six in full comatose. After that, flat line."