two •

"I'm not trying to get arrested for child endangerment

"I'm not trying to get arrested for child endangerment."

October 2024

"This is stupid," Jessica scoffed as they crept through the hallways of the building her eyes scanning the empty space. "Nobody is even here," The woman added.

"Well then why didn't we just walk through the front door?"

"It's not like I fucking knew the place would be empty!"

"You're the one that wanted to come here!"

"You're the one that told me to look into them!"

"Okay, enough this isn't helping. Let's just go ask someone about the guy, clearly not here," Cecilia finally sighed as she motioned to the empty offices around them.

The pair were silent in the elevator as they rode it all the way down to the first floor, Cecilia glaring at the older woman for the unnecessary bad hair day she was now having from their jump from building to building.

"Stop looking at me like that, I can feel it," Jessica said not looking away from the elevator door.

"How am I looking at you Jessica?" Cecilia responded putting her hands on her hips.

"Ugly," The older woman jabbed making the girl chuckle and shake her head at the comment. Jessica and Cecilia had an odd relationship, it thrived on making fun of one another endlessly. Except they both knew they'd die for the other in a heart beat.

"Hello, I was wondering if an Alexander Harris works here?" Cecilia asked playing dumb as she leaned against the receptionist's desk. The boy looked slightly younger than her with large glasses and red hair. His face turned nearly the shade of his hair once his eyes landed on the two very attractive but also very terrifying women.

"I-uh-I just started last week. I don't know," The boy stammered making Jessica roll her eyes at him.

"Just search his damn name up," She snapped making him nod frantically as he started searching the man in their database.

They watched as the boy typed in the name and then his eyes widened before he quickly exited out of the browser and turned to look at the two waiting not so patiently.

"Nope, we have no record of him working here or having ever worked here," He replied licking his lips and glancing between the two, Cecilia could see that he was starting to sweat and decided to listen very carefully.

"You're lying," Cecilia said in a bored tone as she stared the boy down, his mouth fell open slightly but quickly closed again making him look like a fish out of water.