fourteen •

"Fuck off Murdock!"

April 2025

It had been a few days since everything had transpired, she felt confident in the conversations she had with Peter that he might be able to help them, but she also hadn't spoken to her father.

Kate and Yelena had told her what had happened after she left, that Matthew now knew the truth. That Wilson Fisk was back to reigning terror across the city, and it seemed he was coming for more than just Hell's Kitchen this time.

She had tried to call him but her calls were screened to voicemail, she felt guilty about not telling him the truth, but she also knew that he'd throw his life off a cliff in order to stop Fisk. And he had done enough,  it was time for him to rest and for her to take up that responsibility.

As Cecilia left her last lecture for the night she knew that she should head to the library to study for her finals like most students were, but instead, she was heading to a bar to meet her group of superhero friends. Totally normal, she thought to herself as she pulled her bag up higher onto her shoulder and trudged through the group of students milling about on the sidewalk.

She could hear talk of a party that would be happening over the weekend, students debating whether they wanted to go or if they were going to stay in to study like they knew they should. She could hear a group of boys pressuring a girl to come back to their frat with them, but she didn't seem interested she just wasn't confident enough to tell them no.

Cecilia narrowed her eyes on the group of young men, they were all dressed to impress with blazers and slacks and their hair was slicked back making them look nearly double their age by exposing their receding hairlines. That was when her eyes landed on Alex Druthers reaching out to take the girl's arm.

"Oh, that's okay really, I need to study—"

"Oh come on, don't be a prude," Alex scoffed with what she assumed was supposed to be a charming smile. She watched as the blonde girl's face fell when she realized this wasn't going to work.

"Still can't take no for an answer can you Druthers?"

Cecilia didn't want to intervene, but she also wasn't going to let him talk down to the 18 year old they had cornered. His eyes narrowed in on Cecilia and his face turned a deep red with anger as he was reminded of the case he had lost to her.

"Fuck off Murdock," He glowered causing his group of idiots behind him to cackle.

"Come on Betty," Cecilia said as she held her hand out towards the blonde. The girl looked surprised that Cecilia recognized her, they only had one class together, but she didn't hesitate to step forward and take her hand.

"What a surprise! The bitch is back to ruin our fun!" Alex called out but Cecilia ignored him and ushered Betty away from the group and towards the bus stop where she was originally headed.

"You okay?" She asked as they came to a stop under the awning with the rest of the students on their commute home.

She chuckled nervously as she pushed her hair from her face but nodded anyway. Her eyes darted behind them toward Alex and his friends who had moved onto hassling a kid for test answers.