three •

"Isn't the point of this holiday to dress a lil slutty?"

Halloween 2024

It was a miracle to college students everywhere, Halloween 2024 fell on a Saturday, and because Cecilia couldn't use work, or schoolwork as an excuse she knew that Kate would be dragging her off to a frat party. And as soon as she stepped into their apartment to see Kate standing there dressed as an Angel with black skinny jeans, a white blazer that she had definitely taken from Cecilia's closet, with a black bodysuit underneath and a halo she instantly started shaking her head.

"Oh come on!" Kate groaned as she grabbed her younger friend's arm and dragged her over to the couch where she pointed at the matching costume on the couch. Both girls stared down at it, one with a smile and one with her arms crossed and a scowl.

"It's overdone, burnt to a crisp really," Cecilia said making Kate roll her eyes.

"It's funny," Kate defended pointing at the devil costume in front of them, black skinny jeans, a red bodysuit, and a black blazer with red buttons.

"Yeah, but we're the only ones who get the joke." She continued to fight it even if it was pointless because she'd do anything the Bishop girl asked her to.

"Just go put it on okay? We're gonna leave soon. Don't think I'm not aware you were trying to waste time in the library," Kate said pointing an accusatory finger at Cecilia who smirked before grabbing the clothing and heading to change and try and straighten her curly hair.

"You can see through this!" Cecilia gaped as she gestured to the bodysuit that was in fact very see-through without the blazer over it.

"Isn't the point of this holiday to dress a lil slutty? I mean yeah feminism and all that, hence the pants. I just never see you let loose and have fun so for tonight indulge me and become a stereotypical college student with me," Kate said wrapping an arm around Cecilia's shoulder and squeezing her. "I'm not above begging," She added not breaking her serious tone which only made her friend laugh.

"Fine, just tell me I can get drunk tonight."

"Promise."

--

Kate Bishop kept true to her promise, an hour after they had arrived both girls were tipsy. Cecilia didn't come to things hosted by her fellow students often, mostly because out of class she had no relationship with any of them besides Kate. She talked with people in classes and shared notes for the subjects but once she left the lecture hall she managed to push them out of her mind.