two •

"Daredevil?"

February 2025

Cecilia didn't allow herself with wallow in self pity for very long, soon the embarrassment of her breakdown caught up with her and lead to her basically running from her apartment. She had her suit pulled on before Matt could even comprehend what was happening.

So Matthew went to the office to finish up some work. It was late and the office was dark, the only light coming from his computer screen but he didn't even need it as he had a headphone in his ear telling him what he was doing.

His fingers ghosted over the keyboard quickly as he tried to focus on the case he knew his daughter was still investigating.

Alexander and Josie Harris deserved justice, and Matt was doing everything he could to give it to them.

Although, he wasn't so focused that he didn't hear the masked vigilante opening and window and crawling through.

Matt wasn't entirely sure how Peter got his powers, or how they worked, but he could tell that the young man was clinging onto the ceiling based on where his heartbeat was coming from.

"Mr. Parker," Matt greeted causing the boy to jump and detach from the ceiling but he still managed to stick the landing. He shifted back and forth on his feet as he gave an awkward chuckle and wave.

"Hey—uh hi, Mr. Matt," Peter replied as he gently pulled the mask from his face even if it was basically pitch dark in the office and the man couldn't see it anyways.

Matt listened to the strain behind his voice, his erratic breathing, and the perspiration collecting in his palms. Peter didn't have to utter a word and Matt could still tell something was bothering him.

"Is everything all right Peter?" Matt asked as he pulled the headphone from his ear and leaned back against his chair.

The 18 year old sighed before he plopped himself into a chair on the opposite side of Matt's desk. He rested his elbows on his knees and held his mask between his fingers and his head in his hands. Peter had debated coming here for days, and when he was swinging by and saw the computer light he knew it was his chance.

"Yeah!" Peter exclaimed, his voice high pitched and full of false enthusiasm. Matt simply raised his eyebrows and waited for the truth.

"Well, no," Peter continued with a sigh as he let his head fall. "I'm worried—about Cece actually."

Peter's confession made Matt's eyes widen, because he knew that the boy still had no idea who she was or what she was going through, but even though that was true he could still tell that something was going on.

"Why do you say that?" He asked gently.

Peter, who's knee had been bouncing nervously, ran a hand through his chocolate curls as he attempted to soothe himself.

"We were hanging out a few days ago, and her nose—it just, it just started bleeding. And then the other day after court? She passed out!" Peter exclaimed finally standing to his feet as he began to pace in front of Matt's desk.

On a normal occasion Matthew would have found Peter's concern for his daughter touching, but currently all he could do was be concerned himself. None of them knew what was going on with her and she refused to seek outside help.