thirty

"Um, why do you get the big window?"

January 2025

Cecilia stood in the kitchen of their new apartment with Karen at her side, the two women cleaning and unpacking silverware in dishes into the cabinets. Due to Kate's mother going to prison the young woman had been put in charge of her mother's business, but she still wanted all of them together so they decided to rent a large loft.

"Where do you want this?" Luke asked behind the giant coffee table that he was holding as if it was nothing, of course to him it probably was. Cecilia chuckled before she motioned over in front of their L-shaped couch.

It probably wasn't the best idea for them to move into a new place the night before break ended but they had plenty of help and due to the fire, not very many possessions. Yelena and Jessica were in the eldest woman's bedroom attempting to put her new bedframe together but from the loud swearing, she assumed it wasn't going very well.

Kate, Frank, and Danny were in her bedroom putting together her new desk as well as her bed, although if Cecilia knew them she knew that it was Frank most likely doing all the work while Danny and Kate goofed off.

"We come baring dinner!" The sound of Foggy's voice rang in Cecilia's ears as he and her father walked through the door with bags of Chinese takeout, the smell drawing everyone out of the areas they were working in.

Danny ran from Kate's bedroom with her thrown across his shoulders, the archer was laughing loudly as he circled the couch before Luke plucked her off his back and set her back onto her feet.

Frank was trailing them with an irritated look across his face but when Karen placed a plate of food in his hands he grinned bashfully before pressing a kiss against the woman's cheek. Cecilia bit back her smirk as she got a plate of food together for her father and then herself before stepping out of the way for Luke to fix his own.

"I give up, I'm going to sleep on the floor like a common drug dealer," Yelena complained as she collapsed onto the couch next to Cecilia with her own plate of food as everyone gathered around either sitting on the couch or on the floor in front of it.

Nobody really knew who Yelena was fully, they just knew that she was different just like the other two girls in the apartment. And since Cecilia seemed to trust her wholeheartedly they would too, besides she was funny and had managed to get on everyone's good side.

"Not even a wood palette like a classy coke dealer?" Foggy questioned with furrowed eyebrows making Kate cackle from her spot on the floor in front of Cecilia, her back resting against it as Cecilia's legs were pulled up into her lap.