Billet-doux - 15.02.22

Thank you for the gift of friendship.

Those words were born many years back, and they remain true, sincere, and deep today.

I sit and stare at my phone, looking for the right words to convey the feelings that flood my heart right this moment.

It's this feeling of missing you, of loving you, of wanting to be by your side as you sleep this very night, and for many more nights to come. It's this feeling of wanting to wrap you in my arms and watch you fall asleep on my chest (it's still bony sha).

It's this feeling of wanting to sing songs from off our tracklist to you while you smile in your sleep. I'll keep remembering that image of you napping peacefully and smiling in your sleep. How I've longed to have that day repeated.

The words come clearer now. It's wanting to see you safe and sound and showered with love.

I look back at how far we've come and I'm happy for having you take this ride with me.

You're the sister my mama never gave birth to. It's amazing how you grew on the guys. I watch you talk and play and relate with them, and I'm crazily thinking, "Damn. Can't we do some adoption?" Lolz...

With you, I never have to second-guess or doubt your love and actions. Until you popped the question, I've never had to think of a 'why'. It's been as natural as breathing is.

This is getting long but I can't keep these words to myself. My heart knows them oh so well already. I want to share them with you, as much as I want to share life altogether with you.

Queenie Queenie, she who lights my heart like sunlight on a foggy day. See what just one month of saying goodbye caused our yearning hearts?

The future isn't promised to anybody, so I'll share as much of today as I can with you. Spending the passing days with you is something that'll be forever cherished

We may be far away bodily, but you're as close to me as my thoughts and beating heart.

This period is globally celebrated as world love's day but you and I both know of how our love cuts across occasions and ceremonies.

On this day, and whenever you open this note to read it, may the memories of the good times we shared and the love we share make you smile. The kind of smile that you finish and look around to check if nobody dey look you like, "Shey this one is normal bayii?"

It's with a profound sense of warmth and care that I wrap this note by saying,

"THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT OF LIVE AND FRIENDSHIP!"

I love you forever.