Dear Lover, ... 09/10/2022

*"Everything good has come."* This is a four-word (or five?) pill that hasn't left my system. The blessings that I've gotten from the time you posted this has been priceless, and I mean that in a literal sense. For example, how can this peace of mind be measured? How can this deep feeling of contentment be quantified? How can this inner calm be valuated? What's the IU for peace? Those words have ground me in the present. They took my eyes away from futuristic hopes and dreams and opened them up to the blessings of the moment. Or maybe it took the goodness of *"everything good will come to you,"* and placed them right in our plates. *"I wished for something similar and I got it."* I could write tons of letters about how this shit is playing out in several ways, in the now of things. Your gratitude sparks my gratitude. It hugs mine in a tight embrace and makes the edges of my gratitude feel warm this morning. I was picking beans and had to pause for a while to send this to you as I was flooded with thoughts of gratitude, and that deep, satisfying feeling of being at peace with one's self and the world.

I just realized I haven't spaced the typing. I'll go back to picking my beans, nakedly so of course. 🌚😅 I thought this life would meet me in my aged years. But here's the future, right in our laps. Nah. That sounds like something separate and distinct from one's self. The line between the present and the future is so thin, it's almost non-existent. I'm meshed with the life of my *"dreams."* Are there still dreams? Yes. I can't deny that. But this peace, this gratitude I feel, it's bliss. It helps me refine my sights. Who said peace is a mirage? My experience tells me otherwise. I was called idealistic. I'm glad I stuck with it. My dreams come running after me, long after I woke up from sleep.

This boy's grateful. I feel deeply thankful. This feeling is calmly overwhelming. You should know how this feels.

My beans dey wait me. Make I cook before nepa carry their property.

I love you.

💙