Triggered Hunches - 22.02.22

Why do I feel triggered?

Earlier in the day, Queenie had cut the call on me for not eating before I slept yesterday.

The usual me would not have bothered to call back, but I did. I called this evening and she had mentioned how my voice was "sounding like a baby missing its mother."

I had joked around it but deep down in me, I felt a stirring.

She had earlier asked who the girl was that influenced my eating early today since I rarely paid attention to her advice of eating early at night.

Now, this sounds petty, but I've learned that it's the petty things that eat up relationships like cancer if not addressed.

I feel like bringing it up with her but I also feel like I know her reaction will be something like it was just a joke or she didn't mean it the way I meant it. Like it's not so serious.

The call wasn't as long as usual and was lacking in its normal intensity.

I'll just rest on it. Maybe it's me overthinking things. Maybe it's me reading meanings to something ordinary.

Or maybe she feels like I don't value her opinions and would rather listen to that of others over hers, and she's offended or not pleased with it.

Whatever the case, I don't feel right about things, but I'll lay low as usual.

Just to mention, I trust my hunches.