Jealousy - 04.03.22

I've tried to understand this thing called jealousy ever since I became consciously aware of the feeling, especially as it relates with romantic relationships.

Right now, I feel pissed off. Slightly angry.

What's this insecurity? What's this possessiveness? What's this false claim of ownership? It sucks. It pits my belly.

Why this rant?

I was with a female friend and her boyfriend called in. From the first sentence, he sounded off already to me. Asking about where she was, and why she was still home, and when she intends leaving home, and blah blah blah.

These sound like normal questions of interest, except that when written out, the tonality of the voice (a very important part of communication) gets excluded.

She receives some official calls which puts his on hold (she's the planner of the official retreat her company is going for and she had to be in constant touch with the various service providers).

The first question he asked upon reconnecting was, "Who were you on call with?" She reacts at this point and asks what all the questions are for.

Next he says is, "Switch the call to a video call. I want to see who you're with."

At this point, I'm pissed already. Like c'mon dude. If your babe is gon' cheat on you, you think making video calls will solve the issue?

I keep smelling insecurity.

Post edit:

Now I kinda know why. I later questioned my friend about the whole saga. She said they had a "confession thing" where they told each other the stuff they did while they were briefly separated (they have this push and pull thing where they break-up and make-up like yoyo).

During the confession, she had told him she met some other dude and they had sex. He, on the other hand, said there were ladies coming around but he kept them at bay. Didn't do nada with any of them.

Since then, the relationship has been with a lot of friction and stuff.

Dude practically asks for a video call to confirm she's alone every time he calls.

What can I say? I'm an observer after all.