Dear Afoke, ... - 23.02.22

I was pondering on a few things about the life I've lived so far, and I thought about how I plan to incorporate the praises of people who have helped me grow in life in a journal I hopefully plan to release.

But I also thought about how life is unpredictable and the moment is what I have, and how I don't know for a certainty the future. 

So I'll do this while I'm still conscious of my aliveness.

Thank you Afoke for contributing to my growth as a person.

I get. How bah?

Even though it might not have been a conscious "goal of the century" to help one guy called Emmanuel who exists in one part of Earth, you definitely have influenced my life.

Your posts, your shared stories, your push in life, and your smiles in your pictures.

You'll one day be hinting about life not going as planned and then the next, you're posting pictures of a free spirit and shiny teeth (I almost wrote 'teeths' and I smiled at how your inner editing police will so come after my ass).

It's how you choose to do life. Being a mom to an amazing soul, being a friend to amazing people (at least I know of Chi), being a strong support to your immediate community of people and your world.

I'm thinking of how life would have been without your influence on it. I can't picture its trajectory because you are here and my world is better because of your being in it.

I see you working tirelessly to make your mark in your chosen journey, and I'm inspired to keep shining my light as best as I can too.

It's funny thinking about it but, sometimes, when I'm at the brink of throwing in the towel, I think about you and how you drive life, and I get encouraged.

Not immediately sometimes. But the thoughts about you will come in like floaters on a sea, keeping me afloat till my feet can find ground and continue running.

There's just so much to say and so much I can write.

I don't even know if my thoughts have flowed into each other accurately, cos I've had to pause and smile and just drift off sometimes as I typed this, so coming back to typing might be me hitting off from a different line of thought.

Summarily, I just want to say thank you for living life. I am wont to say that we are all travellers in this journey of life, and no one is certain of what lies ahead, but then, travelling with you makes life memorable.

Keep being the amazing, beautiful, and evolving being that you are.

I have been touched by your light, and so have many others who may not be so vocal (or wordy) about it.

I know say I too dey write. Forgive this part of me, but this is how best I can say a thank you. If money dey now, na to wire some kain hooge thing come your way.

But this money-broke niggi has a wealthy amount of words to share. What I have, I give in abundance 😂😅. (Hopefully, we go get the money to appreciate the ones we love and value).

Your light burns brighter and the glory of its radiance expands to many more souls.

Much love and appreciation, Afoke.

From this fellow amazing individual whose candle touched yours in dim times...

🫂✨❤️