Sunny Day - 24/09/2022

I listen to "Sunny Day" by Akon play on repeat and gently sway to the rhythm, stark naked. Sounds from the bass speaker reverberate off the walls and somehow penetrate my skin. My heart bangs with every hit of the beat. I feel the ground shake. The volume of the speaker is all the way up.

My eyes close by themselves, tears falling freely. It's like I'm having a second bath, the way my soul feels light and clean with every fresh wave of the salty stream. The truths of the lyrics hit home, deeply. 

This is some deep high. It's emotional ecstasy.

And when Akon gets to the part where he says, "...and now I look forward to every day," I loudly harmonize with him, and pitch higher with "welcome to my sunny day."

Some Suns shine at midnight. Like this Sun. This night. This Sun shines. It's noonday at midnight.

The next level, for me, will be dancing naked under the night skies, starry or not. I almost did this night, but then...

I stepped out shirtless in just my shorts and stood for some minutes under the blanket of the dark clouds. I loosened the knots in some muscles and just stood, limp, my nose raised up as though I was sniffing the air, and I felt the coolness of falling dews and pure, cold, midnight breeze.

The feeling. Gosh! Some feelings can't be explained away, and there's just no perfect emoji for it.

I think I need me my big private space soon. I can't hold this in for long.

Ecstasy...

Pure dope shit...

Natural high...

It has taken me a while, but I'm glad I arrived.

🥲