Special Birthday Present (Requested)

Hi, I'm Jordyn Hannah Stephens, the 12 year old daughter of Jordan and Jade Amelia Stephens. (This one will be quite short)

Jordan's POV: Lately, I've noticed Jordyn helping a whole lot more with the household chores willingly than normal which is very helpful of her. It's currently dinner time, all of us being absolutely exhausted from work and school.
"Mum, I'll do the washing up tonight, do either of you want a cup of tea?" Jordyn states, carefully collecting up the plates.
"Princess, don't worry about the washing up, I'll do it." Jade responds, standing up to protest.
"No, mum, I insist. You've both been busy with work so you should be able to relax." Our daughter insists, smiling at us.
"Jordy, you've been doing it every night for the last 3 weeks and we do appreciate the extra help but you've been working extremely hard at school as well." I protest but she still insists to do the washing up so we willingly agree to it.

"Have you noticed how much Jordyn has been helping out around the house, babe?" My wife chuckles as I sit down next to her, I nod whilst listening to our daughter washing up.
"Yeah, she's doing it all without us even asking, it's really strange to me." I agree, crossing my legs. "It's quite abnormal because I never wanted to help my mum and dad out with the dishes when I was her age."
"Do you think she deserves a little reward for her willingness to do all the chores around the house? Maybe something that she's been wanting for a while now?" Jade asks, raising an eyebrow. "I think she deserves it honestly."
"I have to agree with you, she has been talking about all of her friends's pets and how she wants to have loads of pets when she grows up so why don't we consider getting her a pet maybe?" I suggest and surprisingly, Jade agrees with an immediate nod to my suggestion, usually it takes a bit of convincing...

A week later, she's still willing to do all of the chores around the house free of charge but this present will be even better than money, hopefully.

Jordyn's POV: I'm cleaning my bedroom when mum knocks on my door, my head snaps in her direction.
"Princess, when you're done, could you come downstairs?" She inquires and I nod. I finish up, cleaning my room and head downstairs.
"What is it, mum?" I ask as I enter the living room.
"We got you a little surprise for all of your help around the house just to thank you." Mum tells me before they present a cardboard box. I take off the lid and almost immediately, a german shepherd puppy jumps at me.
"A puppy!" I squeal, lifting the little dog out of the box and cuddling it. "Thank you mum and dad."
"You deserved it, sweetheart." Dad tells me, smiling at me. "We need a new name for the newest member of the Stephens's family." We begin to debate some potential names for the newest member of our family before eventually concluding with 'Theo'

Being helpful can be really rewarding sometimes