CHAPTER TEN

"Having a dream is like having sunshine. Without it, you cannot see as clear.                                    With it, your world shines. Have a dream, and the light will fill your eyes with hope"

~ J.R. Rim

A person.

Walking towards me.

I'm on a beach.

I listen as the clear ocean waves crash against the rocks, sending splashes of water towards me.

It's hot.

Not suffocating heat which leaves you begging for snow. This warmth is mainly coming from within.

A glowing orb.

The sun.

The star that shines brighter than all the others.

The star that I have always yearned to relish under.

My hand reaches out to touch it, as if it was reachable.

My hand comes in contact with another.

I don't pull back.

Soft, warm palms wrap around my own.

Home.

A different future.

The other hand comes up to cup my cheek lovingly.

I lean into its touch, smiling as if I'd been blessed by the sun itself.

Fingers gently caress my face, tucking a loose bit of hair behind my pointed ears.

I go to reach out to him.

But he's not there.

Was he ever?

The sun starts setting along the horizon, melting into the sea, taking the light away with it.

Panic.

Panic as the cold winds start settling in.

The sand replaced by stone.

The sky nothing but the light coming from a keyhole.

Bars.

Door.

Lock.

Mattress.

Rag.

Him.

The sun can no longer reach me here.

***

"Aurelia, wake up!"

"Fuck, can you please help her!"

"I'm trying, boy."

"Why don't we get Feyre?"

"And do what, throw a water balloon on her?"

"Hey I'm tryi-"

"Why isn't she awake?"

"I'm getting there it's ha-"

"Will you all shut up." I growl, head buried into my pillow, trying to block out the notice from around me. In fact, what the mother is everyone doing in my room.

Tiredly, I lift my head off of the pillow and turn it around to see the people gathered by my bed.

As my vision clears, I see Lucien, Aunty Amren and Cassian all with different expressions on their faces.