CHAPTER SIX

"A bond as important as that of a husband and wife, is the bond between siblings."
~ Lee Dong-Wook

TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE, BLOOD, DEATH, TRAUMA, PTSD

Two and a half months later, and we are ready. Ever since Feyre told me her plan that night, I started to help her gather information on Him and his forces, and especially on Tamlin's role in these affairs. After Feyre was included in some meetings led by Tamlin with Lucien in, she managed to gather some more intel that she would report back to Rhysand through their bond when it was safe.

To say I was relieved when Feyre told me that her and Rhysand's bond was not broken, would be a massive understatement. When I sneak into her rooms in the evening, she tells me about her and Rhysand and their journey together. I'm not going to lie, Feyre has inspired me to throw a shoe at my mate when he pisses me off, not that I plan on getting a mate anytime soon. Not that I don't want a mate, I definitely do, but after everything I have been through only a few months ago, I just don't know if I would be ready. I guess only time can tell.

Me and Feyre are currently in the painting room, which Tamlin gifted Feyre when she first arrived in Spring.

I look down at my outfit whist we relax in the room and think back to when Alis decided it was her mission to find all the backless shirts in this house to accommodate for my wings, which I sincerely appreciated as the only other thing for me to wear would be a dress, and I'm not quite ready for that yet, so I stick to trousers and a shirt.

Looking back up, I place my book down onto the coffee table whilst lying on my stomach of a couch because stupid Tamlin doesn't have any stupid chairs to accommodate my wings, I watch as Feyre adds finishing touches to her painting of roses. Just the way Tamlin likes her. A pretty Female, in a pretty dress, painting pretty pictures. What a dick.

Sensing my attention on her, Feyre swerves her head round, looking at me as she sticks out her tongue, making me send her the same in return.

"You know who you should paint?" I ask, a teasing smirk on my face.

"What?" Feyre asks cautiously, although I can sense she knows where I'm going with this.

"Rhysand's di-"

The door to the room swings open as Lucien runs over to me and covers my mouth with his hand. As I murder my protests he says to the both of us, "Tamlin is coming."

Looking over to Feyre I see she has gone back to her painting, waiting for the dick of the hour to prowl into the room. Lucien removes his hand after I slap it away, and then moves to perch on the arm of the couch as we wait for Tamlin.

Unfortunately, not a second later, Tamlin walks into the room wearing his green trousers and tunic, with a white shirt underneath. How original.

Feyre turns to greet him with a gentle smile on her face as he bends down to place a sickening kiss on the crown of her head.

Tamlin briefly glances at Lucien who returns the flood with a sharp nod, making me turn to Lucien in question. Tamlin looks away, ignoring my presence which is a smart move on his part, just as Lucian ignores my unsaid question. Dick. I elbow him in the ribs causing him to let out a groan of pain, bringing a smile to my face.

Focusing my attention back on the conversation between Feyre and Tamlin, I realise that I picked the wrong moment to start listening as I hear Tamlin say, "Hybern is sending some-"
Him.

He is coming.

He's coming.

No.

No.