CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

"I am very sorry for the emotional damage"
~ Author 1
***
"Make a plan. Execute the plan. Expect the plan to go off the rails. Throw away the plan."
~Leonard Snart
YOU WILL BE LOVED IF YOU KNOW THIS REFERENCE. AUTHOR 2 DIDN'T.

Aurelia
6 months later

"Where is my emissary?" My mate asked his general at breakfast.

"Being the future High Lady of Winter," Bronwyn said, staring at the uneaten plate in front of her, "If you would excuse me, I have troops to train."

And she was gone.

"Well then," I look at Koeschi, "I am going to the Night Court. Would you like to join me?"

"No, it's fine, she needs me." I nod my head at the boy watching as he too leaves the room.

"Why are you to go to Night?" Helion asks me.

"I need to see Amren. It has been far too long and I am beginning to miss my aunt. I will probably see if I can stop by the priestess library as well to see Gwyn. It has been too long."

"Promise me you will be safe."

"I promise. Hey, where is Persius?" I haven't seen the two sister's brother since they met.

"Apparently Asher got a bit possessive when he tried to hug the sisters, so they arranged for him to go to Dawn and see where their mother came from."

"I see. How did Thesan react to there being another one of them?"

"Not well. But seeing as I haven't heard anything that would suggest a banning, I am going to assume he has begun to take a liking to the male."

"Well that is very good then," I stand from the table kissing Helion as I say, "I must go, but I will see you later. Ooo, while I'm gone please check on your general, she missed Robin's birth and she won't tell anyone what has happened between them."

"I will, I promise. See you later, sweetheart."

***

"Look at you, you're almost ready to pop."

"A couple more months left." I smile, hugging my aunt.

"I've missed you my phoenix, please tell me you have not been avoiding me."

"No! Never!" I reassure, pulling away, "I've just been so busy with the baby prep, rebuilding after the war and everything. I'm so sorry, I've missed you too."

"Now let us catch up, what's this about a foursome."

I laugh following my aunt into the living room, feeling more calm than I have in a while. Being High Lady is a wonderful yet difficult task.

***

"It has been a lovely time, but there is one more person that I need to see before I return to that High Lord of mine."

"Gwyn?"

"Gwyn."

The door slams open, Nesta Archeron standing in the doorway seething.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I asked first."

"Well as you can see this is my aunt's place, and me being here obviously suggests that I am visiting my aunt, does it not?"

A growl was returned at that.