CHAPTER FORTY ONE

"Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen of Narnia."
~ C.S. Lewis

Aurelia

"So you're telling me that you were shoved into the Blood Rite out of pure spite, managed to complete it, then proceeded to give birth all the while your mate was reforging his mating bond with the High Lord of the Night Court?" Bronwyn sums up waving her hands in the general direction of my babe in the arms of Rhys.

"Yup." Helion says nodding his head, his sole focus on baby Nyx, before looking up and glaring at Bronwyn, "I really do hate you."

"If you hated me so much you would never have entrusted me to run your court for an entire week while also training your army for any possible threats that may come for little baby Apollo." Bronwyn walks towards Rhys, cooing at the baby in his arms, only to then retreat in fear as the High Lord tries to place the baby in her arms.

"Come on, Bronwyn, hold Apollo, he won't hurt you."

"I'm not afraid of him hurting me."

Ah. I see.

I'm glad you do.

You mean to tell me that all this time has gone by and you still haven't checked in on your general.

Noooo.

Helion.

My mistake.

I take Apollo from Rhys, walking towards Bronwyn and moving to show the baby to her. Slowly handing him to her, "you won't hurt him, what happened with (I can't remember your child's name and my phone is on charge at the other side of your room) was an accident."

"He almost died before he was even born and that was my fault." Tears rolled down my general's face.

"He survived, and he is a very healthy baby. Now please hold my child and give him that big cheeky smile we all know and love."

"It's true, it is a very lovable smile."  My mate agrees, making Bronwyn laugh as she opens her arms to accept Apollo.

"Hey there little guy. I know someone who you are going to be the best of friends with and it most definitely is not Nyx."

"Hey, why isn't he allowed to be best friends with my child?" Rhys asks.

"Who would want to be best friends with someone who is technically their brother?" Bronwyn counters.

All four of us looked at each other realising what she meant.

"Oh shit."

"You guys didn't think of that did you?"

"Nope," Feyre says, "Oh I see what you mean." she looks to Helion, before turning to Bronwyn, "You really are like a disease."

"Never in all my years of living have I been classed as a disease and I have to say, I don't hate it."

One Week Later

The inner circle of the Night Court and what I suppose is the inner circle of the Day Court were all converged at the beach.

"Well this is one for the history books. What a meeting place, I must say." Asher says looking out at the ocean where the two Killers of Men bonded as if afraid of a fight breaking out, "How is she?"

"Broken." Helion states glaring at the male, "Her best friend completely abandoned her and she accidentally harmed her sister, almost killing her nephew in the process while trying to protect said best friend."

The male went silent, the cogs in his head turning before he tried defending himself, only to see the four of us glaring at him, ensuring he most definitely did not.

"Jasmine knows the truth and knows Bronwyn's intentions at the time and that they were in fact not meant to cause any harm, so how about you get your head out of your ass and see that."

"Who are you to tell me what to do? You are not my High Lord."

"No, but I am the most powerful High Lord, so bear that in mind the next time you decide to question my authority."

"So," Bronwyn says, breaking the tension that was created, "destroy any more buildings?" she sits next to Cassian, which can only mean trouble.

"Not as far as I'm aware, why you got something planned?"

"Mayyybeee."

"Tell me. Tell me. Tell me."

"NO!" We all shout.

"Way to ruin our fun."

"Stop speaking in unison. It's creepy." Az says.

"You're creepy." Cassian hits back.

"Wow, I thought you would have better comebacks, I don't know if I can be banned buddies with you anymore." 

"I have no approach to that."

"Right, well then, ummm, ooo, why have we gathered here today?"

"For a wedding apparently."

"Not yet." Bronwyn says bitterly.

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate the births of three wonderful children and the future possibility of a High ruler should the person accept their fate."

"Ominous." Bronwyn and Jasmine look at each other producing small smiles before looking back at Rhysand.

"Nesta made a sword, this sword to be specific," He pulls the sword from beside him, "I was thinking Aurelia could unsheathe the sword for me."

"Um, sure?" I hand Apollo over to Helion, before grabbing the sword from Rhys.

Slowly unsheathing the sword to be attacked with pure starlight alite with flames, "Shit!" I quickly push the sword back in its sheath, throwing it to the ground. Looking at Rhys, eyes wide I see what he was asking of me, "Shit."

"Yeah."

"Am I missing something?" Asher says looking around at all of us.

"You are missing a lot of things," Bronwyn picks, "But at this particular moment in time, you are missing Rhysand asking Aurelia to be High Queen."

"What?"

"Yup, personally I think she should do it. I mean, she is basically the living embodiment of a phoenix, she is half Illyrian, half fae, she has links through her mum and her mate to the Night Court, she is currently the High Lady of the Day Court and there is always a possibility that she could become High Lady of Autumn through inheritance." Lucien explains, "There is no one more fit to be the High Queen."

"Luce."

"I speak facts." Lucien turns to Bronwyn glaring, "I really do hate you."

"I'll be sure to add your name to the list." she smiles before raising a glass I didn't even know she had, "Long live the High Queen, I suppose."

"Long live the High Queen!" Everyone else chorused.

"I haven't even said yes, not to mention we have to get everyone to agree."

"Oh but you will, and everyone else will, plus I am the future High Lady of Winter and so have some sway with the High Lord."

"Well then, let us call an emergency High Lord meeting as soon as possible." Helion says, looking to Rhys.

"Lets."

Well I guess that is that.

Aurelia, High Queen of Prynthia, has a nice ring to it I suppose.

AUTHORS NOTE:

HELLO MY LOVELIES, RESLLY SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPLOAD! ALSO I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE BUT SADLY WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UPLOAD CHAPTER FOURTY TWO ON FRIDAY AS WE ARE STILL CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING IT LEGIBLE ENGLISH FOR YOU GUYS BUT WE WILL UPLOAD IT AS SOON AS WE CAN I PROMISE!