CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

"Life is nothing without a little chaos to make it interesting."

~ Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Jasmine

Oh shit.

She knows.

I look at Bronwyn, the biggest smile on her face.

"Finally! Holy shit. You took your fucking time."

I whack my sister.

"And that was for?"

"You know what." She rolls her eyes at me before turning to Tamlin and the others.

"You finished with your temper tantrum yet or? We still have a lot to discuss and as entertaining and that whole thing was," she moves her hands in a circular motion to show the Autumn Brothers and Helion protecting Aurelia, "I would very much so like to get this meeting over and done with, please and thank you."

"You have no right-"

"Don't even go there, Beron," I step in, glaring at him, "You are the one with no right, now shut up and let's get things moving."

Tamlin took the hint, turning back towards the chair now placed for him, he sat down waiting for the Autumn Brothers to return to their places before speaking, "You asked why I'm here?" He turned to my father, "I might ask the same of you. You mean to tell me that after Under the Mountain you can stomach working with him?"

Viv answered him instead, "We came here to decide that for ourselves." Both of them turned towards Rhysand.

"I had no involvement in that. None."

"You stood beside her throne as the order was given." Dad said.

"I tried to stop it."

"Tell that to the parents of two dozen younglings she butchered," Asher's arm wraps around me, and I lean in, feeling Bronwyn grab my hand. "That you tried."

"Why are you here tamlin?" Helion asks for the sake of changing the topic, knowing how it was affecting me.

"I'm here to fight against Hybern."

"Bullshit." Both Bronwyn and Cassian look at each other, eyes wide.

"This can't be good." I whisper into my mates chest.

Bronwyn

Well then.

Would you look at that.

I feel Eris's gaze on me, so I turn to him. A certain glint in his eye at me being similar to the Illyrian.

Possessive much.

I smirk at him, slightly shaking my head. Indicating that he had nothing to worry about. I mean, honestly, the male is my mate and thinks that just because I said the same thing as someone else, at the exact same time that all is wrong. Geez.

This is why I didn't want a mate, and when we complete the bond. Oh, Mother. I can't be thinking about this during a meeting. I'm supposed to be paying attention to this shit. We are going to war. I gotta be able to prepare my troops.

Whelp.

Too late now.

Aurelia

"I rescind the blood rubies. Let there be no debts between us." Summer's High Lord says to Rhysand. They had blood rubies against them? What did they do?