CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives."

~ Rob Liano

Aurelia

He's awake.

My brother is awake.

I look at my mate.

"Lucien."

I nod my head, "He is awake."

"Then we better win this battle so you can get back to him."

I waste no more time, taking to the skies, I follow the path that there two peregrines took looking at the ground before me.

I let my power flow to the surface. My mate. My twin. My new family. All these people come to mind as I let my power overflow and consume me.

My wings encompassed in the same flames as I turn towards the ocean. Knowing he is waiting. Watching.

The flames break free. Burning all his Attors in the sky. Burning all his soldiers on the ground. My fire weaving its way across the court to the ships that are his. Stopping any chance of escape.

He did this.

He led his forces to their death.

I am the phoenix.

I am his end.

Helion

The battle stops. His army decimated by my mate. Turned to ash. There is nothing left of them. She did it.

She burned them to the ground without even damaging Summer.

Take that Bronwyn.

Everyone stands watching my mate. Bronwyn and Jasmine coming to my side. Asher soon joining his mate.

We all watch as she stares at the ocean. Almost daring him to come for her. Daring him to try it.

My proud smile soon turns to pain as she screams in agony.

Her flames disappear from sight as she falls.

"I got her." Bronwyn flies away before I even bark the order.

My mate.

Bronwyn manages to reach her, both of them disappearing from our sights.

"Where did they go?" Jasmine asks looking around frantically for her sister, "Where did they go?"

"I-I don't know," I say, feeling down the bond for any sign of my mate, "Something is blocking me."

"What do you mean? She is your mate! How can you not find her?"

"I don't know, okay! My mate is missing so instead of screaming at me, try and find her."

"What is going on?" Rhysand comes up to us.

"My mate is missing."

"I can see that."

"Well then stop standing there and help me find her because something is blocking me."

"Helion-"

"No."

"Just-"

"NO!"

"I'm just-"

"STOP! JUST STOP!"

"Maybe just-"

"SOMEONE FIND ME ERIS!"