EPILOGUE

"My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. And I am the Queen of Terrasen."

~ Sarah J Maas

One may question how an Illyrian fae with no right to her wings or to a throne can become a Queen of an entire land.

Well it's all quite simple really, I had an amazing mother. A mother who saved me from those Illyrians that tried to kill me. A mother who has ensured my comfort through every dark evening in that cell. A mother who sacrificed everything for this moment.

***

"I need you to keep on fighting for me darling."

Without her I would have given up in that cell years ago. I would have given up fighting to survive. I would have lost my will to live. I never would have found my mate. I never would have had my beautiful Apollo. I would never have had the chance to live my life to the fullest.

She is the star that shone the path to my greatest treasure. She is the biggest star in the sky.

***

"I'll be a star in the night sky, watching over you, no doubt smiling at how grown up you will be."

***

And she has been, as I watch the stars lighten up the entire night sky, no cloud in sight, unable to sleep before the whole of Prythian bows to their new High Queen. Me.

I know that my mother is watching and smiling at her little girl.

I know that I will make a good queen, because I am never alone, with my mate to guide me from the ground and my mother to guide me from above.

"Can't sleep?" Lucien asks as he comes up beside me.

"Apollo woke up, it was my turn to put him back to sleep and I guess I just never went back to bed." I laugh.

"Cute baby, but a bad sleeper."

"You can say that again." The two of us laugh as I continue staring at the sky above us.

"She would be proud of you."

"Of us. She would be proud of us." Lucien smiles before staring up at the sky himself watching as a star shoots across the sky.

"I wish I could have met her."

"I wish you could have as well"

To think had mum not died, then it may have been another few hundred years before I met Lucien.

Had I not gone to the temple, then I never would have been captured by Hybern. I never would have been on that island the day the Night Court attacked. The day Lucien came out from the shadows behind his High Lord.

***

The orange haired male is my brother.

***

I never would have gone to the Spring Court where I befriended Feyre. I never would have met Alice, who purposely spilt the beans in the most unsubtle way.

I never would have met my twin.

***

"The resemblance is uncanny. Like twins."

***

"She's my twin."

***

We wouldn't be standing here tonight watching the sky transform from night to day.

We wouldn't have our bond that even Eris understood.