Chapter 63: When a Man Loves a Woman

❤🤵🏾‍♂️👰🏾‍♀️❤

"Good afternoon ladies and gentleman. I hope everyone's enjoying this very special day so far. For those who don't know me, my name is Michael and I'm the best man. As you can see I'm a little nervous, but anxiety levels can be high for people when performing public speeches - however, anxiety will also be high when you've just married Wesley. Get used to it, Amy, you're locked in now!"

Laughter fills the room making me feel a bit more at ease as I present my best man speech. I clear my throat and continue.

"I would first like to congratulate our gorgeous newlyweds on their moving vows, what's been a beautiful day so far and on what will be a great night of celebration to come.

Wesley and I have known each other a long time. We've been best friends since we were 7 years old, and to be honest, not much has changed in the time that I've known him - he's still the same goofy, annoying kid that I remember, except now he has a beautiful wife and a baby on the way... I guess you're not such a kid anymore after all. But both of us still have that inner child come out of us whenever we're together which is something that will never change.

I used to get bullied when I was a kid and Wesley was the one who would stick up for me - that's how we became friends. He used to always stand up to the bullies and that just shows what kind of a person he's always been: strong, caring, and kind. He might come across as big headed and straight to the point sometimes, but he has a heart of gold and would go out of his way to help anyone.

Growing up I was the quiet one and usually kept myself to myself whereas Wesley's the opposite to me - I guess that's why we get on so well. He was the class clown and had a lot of friends, and he liked to think of himself as a ladies man, which was true at the time... I still haven't figured how or why. He always put on his charm, and I was the geeky quiet kid who tried to follow the rules and keep up with my homework. Although, sometimes I would try to copy Wesley's confidence which would end up with us getting in to trouble quite a lot... so, I'd say he definitely was a bad influence at times, but we had so much fun, and that's something Wesley never fails at - acting silly and making me laugh.

Wes, I would like to think that in the times when you have called upon me for help I have always been there for you and not let you down because you have always been there for me. I look back at some of the stuff we have done together and it makes me proud to have a friend like you. We have had some truly great times and have shared some great experiences together, memories I will never forget. I have been honoured to have been your best man and want you to know that I look up to you more than you could imagine. You'll always be my brother from another mother.

We can find people that we enjoy being around, but we can also find someone that we have such strong emotional ties to, and who we want to spend the rest of our lives with and throw a huge party to celebrate the fact that two people have such passion for each other, and I find that amazing.

On behalf of everyone here and myself, I would like to thank Wesley and Amy for asking us to be part of their special day. I know you've both put a lot of hard work and effort into getting everything ready for today (with a bit of help from Maya and I) and it's amazing. You two are great together and I hope you have a happy, incredible life as husband and wife. May the flame burn long and may sparks continue to fly, just please look after him, Amy, because he struggles to look after himself at times!

So, if I could ask you all to join me in a toast - to the happy couple, the bride and groom, Wesley and Amy!"

"Wesley and Amy!" Everyone cheers and raises a glass.