6. Mehr.

Flashback

"Mumma." Ahaana claps her hand, trying to gain her mother's attention. When Shika looks at her, she continues, "Chinu. Suh. Go?"

"A minute, Chinu. Let Mumma get ready, and I'll brush your hair, then you can go see Suh." Her mother replies turning her focus back on her saree. Shika always wears saree when Rudra and she has a fight, takes him less than 10 minutes to say sorry.

"Patience?" She asks her mother, swinging her legs sitting on the vanity chair.

"Yes, Chinu. Patience." Her mother smiled at her through the mirror. Ahaana got down the chair and reached for her purple brush, she goes back to sit on her chair. Shikha looks at her little girl waiting patiently for her.

"Ahaa. Go call Bhaiyu or Dadda or Avni Maa, I need help with the saree." Shika asked. Ahaana looked at her mother for a few seconds before nodding and walking to the door. Before she could step out, Sahil entered. 3-year-old Ahaana's lips broke into a huge smile as soon as he stepped closer to her.

"Maa, can I take her?" He turns to Shika after giving the little girl a smile.

"I need to make her hair, bacha. Can you please come here and help me?" Shika asks her eldest kid. Sahil ruffles Ahaana's hair making her pout. He walks to Shika and settles down on his knees.

Shika hands her saree pleats one by one to Sahil who starts holding them between his tiny fingers. Ahaana stands beside the door quietly waiting for them. When he's done, he stands up. Shika leans down and places a kiss on his forehead. He kisses her cheeks.

"Maa, you get ready. I'll make Shea's hairs?" The 6-year-old offered. Shika nods handing him Ahaana's hairbrush and the headband.

"Shea come here." Sahil points to her little chair. Ahaana slowly wobbles to him, looking back and forth between her mother and him.

"No hurt?" Ahaana asks him. Sahil shakes his head in negative.

"I know how to do it, Shea. I won't hurt you." Sahil assures her.

She settles down on her chair and continues watching her mother. Shika smiles at the kids and quickly pulls out her phone and starts recording them. Sahil stands beside Ahaana's chair and with soft and slow strokes, starts working on her hair. Ahaana tangles her fingers together waiting for him to be done.

Sahil makes the side partition and puts her headband on. Keeping the brush aside, he comes in front of her and with his soft fingers sets the small hairs on one side on her forehead.

When he's done, he smiles at her

When he's done, he smiles at her. Shea smiles back whispering 'Thankyou'. Shika's eyes stay on the duo the whole time. Sahil forwards his hand out and Ahaana puts her palm on his and standing up. He turns to Shika with her little palm in his hold.