35. You, me & Santorini.

I want to touch his face but I know he'll wake up, so I don't

I want to touch his face but I know he'll wake up, so I don't. I stay in the exact same position I woke up in. An hour ago. And keep doing what I have been doing since then— watching him sleep. The blissful feeling and the joy, it brings me... I can't express it in words. I glance at the watch on his side table— 4:30pm. We slept through the day. Yes. After going to sleep at 3am, I woke up at 3:19pm.

I did get some sleep here and there during the functions and after but he didn't, so I let him sleep. Watching over the love of my life and the content feeling being wrapped in his arms, on our honeymoon brings us. I remember making a promise to myself when we were going for the trip to Leh— the next trip that I take with him, is going to be our honeymoon. And it's exactly where we are. On our honeymoon, happiest we have ever been. Truly. Madly. Crazily in love.

Fluffer, finally said the words. I ruined his whole vibe but it's not my fault he forgot I can't read and write Punjabi. Dadu made sure we atleast knew bits and pieces of our language so he used to teach us. But due to my contract with the hospitals and doctors, I was admitted in the emergency room thirty-percent of the year. Obviously, making me learn punjabi was least of anyone's concerns. So Dadu only taught Suhana, Advik and him to write and read Punjabi. He forgot that part and thought if Suhana knows, I know too.

Guess who did it come back to bite in the fluffing arse? Me! Everyone calls me dumb now. The fluffer husband of mine ruined my image. Now I know why Papa and Mumma couldn't stop effing giggling while that dupatta shot. The photographer had to ask them to stop laughing and be serious for a second as it's a emotional moment. But nope.. they were busy laughing their arses off at their own daughter!

He wanted to make it a emotional, lovely surprise and it turned into totally funny. I thought its written "सदा सौभाग्‍यवती भव:" like in every other bridal lehenga these days. How would I know my grumpy man went to great lengths and hand sewed his feeling for me on all four corners of the dupatta. Can you believe that? No wonder there's so many cuts and scratches on his palms. Obviously, I loved that he made me feel so special but seeing those injuries on his hands made me feel awful!

His hair strands falls over his eyes and it tickles him, his forehead creases. I move my finger and gently swipe it away. On its own my thumb moves to his cheekbones and swipe back and forth. "Bub?" I murmur. His breathing changes, from deep and steady to stopping for a second before he settles back down in the rhythm.

"Shai? Wake up, baby." I'd really love to catch the sunset. I'm also hungry and I'm sure he must be too. The last meal I had was over 24 hours ago and his will be nearing that 24 hours mark soon.

I look at the watch— 5pm. Enough sleeping, I decide before bringing my eyes back to my husband's face. I slid closer to him, covering that tiny distance between our bodies. I feel his clothes against my bare skin, throwing my legs over his thigh I go to straddle him. His arms comes on my waist in an instant, stopping my movements. "Maanegi nahi na tu? Bola na ruk ja." His voice rough and firm, sending sparks down my spine with the way his words vibrates under my skin. He thinks we just went to sleep and I'm still trying to... take advantage of him? I bite down on my bottom lip to stop the chuckle.