31. The Wedding: Sahaana's Cocktail & her birthday.

—Author's Note—

All the pictures and videos used, belongs to their rightful owners and are here only for reference. I hold absolutely no credits to these.

"Ahaana

"Ahaana. Did you see my car keys?" —Advik Bhaiyu.

"Adv. They are on the kitchen counter, beta." —Avni Mumma.

"Samyak bhai, you are handling all the jewelleries na?" —Mumma.

"Haan Shikha. Everything's with me." —Samyak Papa.

"Okay. Let's go. Rudra Shika, make sure to check the locks." —Avni Mumma.

"Rudra. Rukiye na..." The moment the voice turns breathless, I leave the corner I'm hiding in. "Still here peeps!" I clap loudly. My mother takes a step away from my father, who scowls at me for ruining his moment.

"What are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be already in the car?" Papa questions, his hands on waist. Mumma takes this as a chance to check all the locks.

"No one asked me." I shrug.

"What do you mean no one asked you?"

"No one said, 'Ahaana baby let's go everyone's waiting for your arrival'." I plop down on the couch. Papa rubs his forehead murmuring something.

"Shika!" He yells loudly. "Haan?"

"Teri beti ko bol niche jaaye!" He shouts again.

"Aapki bhi hai na wo beti.. aap bol do." Mumma replies coming out from my bedroom. "Chalo get out, I have to lock the door." Mumma snaps her fingers at us. I slip on my furry slippers and follow her out. Papa behind us.

"Go. Sahil's waiting for you." Papa says when Mumma locks the door and gives all the keys to him then walks in Sahdev house.

"He's not. He's still at Mehr works." I smile at him.

"Ahaana!"

"What? You need some alone time with Mumma?" I tease him, he gives me a stare. I chuckle, still not making any move to leave. From his sides, I see Mumma locking all the doors in the house and then the main door. She takes the keys from Papa and shoves both the house keys in her handbag.

She then pulls out a five hundred note and gives me. "Thankyou." Mumma kisses my cheeks. I grin at my now shocked as fluff father. "You asked her to be here?" Papa looks at his wife in shock.

"You become so needy when we are alone and I knew Avni's gonna give me the duty of locking everything because you asked her to!" My mother tries making him understand. They are still in their 20s phase. And I mean all four of them. They behave like eachother's cupids and mediators. These four know every fucking thing about each other. They are so different but so so close. My mother can't spend a day without Avni Maa and similarly my father can't stand Samyak Papa being away from him for a minute!