48. Emotional intimacy.

—Authors' note—

Regarding last chapter.

I have come across some comments that says that Sahil and Shea's relationship is too toxic, depressing. I wanted to know a few things from you all.

Is it just those 2-3 people or y'll think the same?

If yes, is it only because of what happened in the last chapter, or the entire book?

If it's only based on the last chapter, I can only say one thing, wait for the next one and if you still don't like it, tell me, I'll try to edit something in it.

If the sex part didn't sit well with few of you, guys I added that part because as per Sahil he'd hurt her—they are chaotic duo yaar, they grew up together, they believe in give and take. The moment Shea saw the cards and letter in his hands, she knew he was hurt. They were on emotional rollercoaster of having been away from eachother for the first time since her big return, her being on periods and him being hurt. He was trying to get back at her but Shea didn't give a fuck. She wholeheartedly accepted him in because she wanted any type of closeness with him when the clock hit 12. She cried not because of the sex thing, she was alright till then, she cried after she hit him, on his fluffing birthday.

If you still think that was wrong— I'd remove the sex part.

• I just want to say one thing as the author, the creator of Sahil and Ahaana's personality. Every character needs to have little bit of realism so the readers can connect with the book.

Shea is not confident of her image— I'm sure many of us girls can relate to that, atleast I can.

She is vary of people around her actually loving her and not just pitying her out of her bad health habit— I took her health issue from a family member of mine. I spend day and night with him. He can't carry empty plates let alone something heavy.

Her insecurities were not wrong, she looked at Sahil with heart eyes from young age but when she'd spend days in hospital, when she would be too sick to play with him. Those insecurities flared more. Sahil was a active kid, he participated in games, he looked good, he had eyes on him, obviously Shea got insecure that maybe deep down, he doesn't really like her like she thinks.

When it comes to Sahil, he was a kid when he started crushing over Ahaana. His entire life revolved around making sure she was okay, happy and healthy. Imagine one day, being left behind by that same person. Ofcourse you'd have abandonment, trust and anger issues. He didn't know Shea internally dealt with insecurities and fears regarding their relationship that ran so deep.

He was always broody types but after she left he got angry. His reaction in the initial chapters was in my eyes, justified.

I have tried my best to portray every emotion. Longing, heart break, misery, apologetic, forgiveness and finally love. They are still dealing with things, issues that has run so long doesn't easily go away. It takes time. They are healing, together.

If you still think their relationship is toxic, please let me know if I can do something for that. Or I'll just have to remove the entire book because I don't think I have the time, energy and patience to edit the base of this book.😂

Please don't think of them as toxic or depressing yaaarrr! Imma whine so bad. They are my favourite couple out of all the other. The chaotic duo. My chaotic duo! They give off such tom and jerry vibes yaar, I don't know why they seem toxic to you guys.

And to whoever that commented about this toxic thing, guys I'm not calling you out or in any way pissed. I just felt like maybe more people thought the same but they just didn't say it out loud and you did, so I just needed to make sure we all were in the same boat. Thankyou for leaving that comment and bringing my attention to this.❤️