21. Little moments. Big memories.

"Mom!"

"Mom!"

"Mom! Shikha Maa!" I hear the loud yelling again.

"Mumma!"

"Haan! Kya hua? Kyu chilla raha hai?" My 50-percent mind is here and 100-percent, busy in eavesdropping.

"Coco Oreo kaha hai?" Oh. Oh. Coco and Oreo stop playing hearing their names. I look back at them horrified.

"Niche. Apne flat mein!" Avni Maa replies, I pull my bottom lip in my mouth. Coco and Oreo come to me, and I snuggle them.

"Hote toh main aapse kyu puchta? Mehrotra!" He shouts, I hear footsteps coming in my house. I keep my finger on lips, telling them to not make a noise. They sit down on the bed, I cover them with the duvet and even cover myself.

"Advik!" He shouts again. Waheguruuu! Bacha lo! Jaan le lena hai aaj ye meri.

Coco and Oreo are not allowed on this floor. Our mothers hates when they shed fur everywhere. I came back from office with Suhana today as Sahil and my brother had a meeting. Suhana went on a date with Yug. Falak was busy with work and Myra was meeting her friends. Our parents out doing God knows what—so it was just me.

I may have sneaked Coco and Oreo in my room.

I may have forgotten to check the time.

Sahil goes straight to them, and he must have freaked out not finding his precious dogs.

"Haan? Aaya!" I hear my brother call out.

"Where's Coco Oreo?" He sounds so tensed. Should I send them? But everyone will shout on me.

"I don't know." My brother says. I hear footsteps coming towards my room, I tighten my hold on the fur babies. The door pushes open, I keep my face hidden.

"I can see Coco's tail." Busted! He pulls the covers away; I open my eyes. Coco and Oreo jump down the bed starts howling/barking/jumping around him. Traitors! I push myself to sit on the bed as four persons stares at me.

"Ahaana! They are not allowed in here!" My mother shrieks walking in the room, Sahil scowls at me. Avni Maa and my brother stands behind him, laughing. I get down the bed and Mumma starts removing the bedsheet and comforter.

I look back at the one throwing daggers at me with his eyes. I may have been pissing him off since yesterday. After our coffee date, I asked for his number. Again. He denied. Again. I went to the party and didn't come back till 12'o clock.

I may have invited the girls for a sleepover. He was in his living room when I came back, but when he saw Falak and Myra with us, he went to his room, glaring at me. You mess with the cat; you get the whiskers!

And where was I even wrong? I just wanted his number so that it was easy for us make plans and meet. Par nahi...ziddi toh paida hi hua hai koi!

"Go drop them back to their flat." My mother orders. I walk ahead and snap my fingers, Coco and Oreo turns to me. I start walking, they follow me. A certain someone follows us three. "Now they'll be at each other's throat again. I swear sometimes Ahaa instigates him purposely." I hear my brother say behind me. I'll deal with you later big brother!