39. Love vs Coco-Oreo.

With my heart in my throat, I step out of the elevator

With my heart in my throat, I step out of the elevator. My eyes meet with Hood who's capturing Coco and Oreo —he uses my dogs to get women in his bed— I'd stand up for the little fuckers but since they barely look at me these days, I give no fucks. They should be grateful I'm not putting them up for adoption for this step-father treatment with me. Let me deal with their mom and my mom first, and then I'll see these two.

When I breeze past the three, Oreo gives a woof at me as if I'm the stranger. I meet his eyes; fucker continues to look at me like he's not a Siberian husky and some dangerous Pitbull. You whine. Keep the attitude down!

My eyes glide around the living room and kitchen—empty? Huh? I turn around and peek in Mehrotra's living room. Heels stop right behind me, I don't turn to look, my eyes narrow at the view in front of me. My wife cooking with both the mothers. Zia pushes me out of the way and head inside, I'm just standing up straight when I'm shoved in the door again. My squinted eyes meet Falak's twinkling ones. "Jyada ho raha hai ab sabka." I warn her, she flips her hair in response and walks in the Mehrotra living room.

"Main murder kar doonga teri wali ka." I threaten as Mehrotra stops beside me. "Cute." The fucker flicks my nose, walking past me. All three of them head straight to the kitchen, I follow them. My wife has her back to me as she continues stirring something on the stove. My mother beside her chopping something. "Kya kar rahe ho sab aaj yaha?" Shika Maa notices us first, Falak kisses the top of her head and walks to wash her hands. Zia and Advik hops on the counter beside Shika Maa. I lean against it.

"Sahil and Ahaana had a fight, we're here to enjoy the show." Zia fills Shika Maa in, I keep my eyes on my wife, she's yet to turn around. And no, I'm not going to look at my mother who's glaring holes in my soul.

"Kyu? Aaj toh itni pyaari pyaari lag rahi hai meri nalayak chinu pehli baar." Shika Maa looks between us. "Dekh tere liye chole bhi seekh rahi hai." Shika Maa smiles at me and then her daughter. My wife still keeps her eyes hidden away from me. The saree pallu is now tucked at her waist, the bangles making sound every time she moves her hand. Her hairs in a messy updo.

"Tere papa na sahi bolte hai, Sahil, tujhe jyada pyaar karti hai na ye... isliye jyada tang karta hai tu isko." My mother stands between the gorgeous view of my wife. I focus my gaze on my mother. "Main kuch bola usse? Ask her who teased her first? Your to-be-SIL. He started bothering her, mujh par toh jabardasti gussa nikal raha hai." I walk to where my mother stand just steps away from her.

"She complained to you?" I stop beside my mother, but my eyes stay on her back. "She didn't. Hood did. He saw her coming out of your cabin in tears." In tears? Is that why she's hiding away from me now? She's not someone who cries at such small things, instead she gives it all back with interest. Or maybe it was because of the spice?

My mother's hand comes on my chest, I look down at her, she motions for me to lean down. She whispers in my ears, "We tried talking to her. But she said nothing. My best guess is either she's on periods or she's pmsing. Shika doesn't know her dates either, handle her with care." She pats my chest and goes to Shika Maa. I mentally check for her dates. Nope. Her periods are irregular but not so much. Her last period was before our wedding— 9th November to be exact. PMSing it is!