26. Home to my heart.

"So a little birdy told me yesterday, that you guys are throwing us out?" I squint eyes at the Mehrotra-Sahdev members

"Little birdy as in Sahil Sahdev? And we meant get a place of yourself but okay." My father replies with an eye roll. That's it!

"How can you—"

"Cut the crap. We all know kitne laddoo phoot rahe hai teri dil mein." My mother cuts me off. I look at my brother for any support, but he has their blood in his veins and of course he's a Zaalim now!

"Ahaa. It's because you guys need—deserve the space. We want you guys to focus on your relationship now." Samyak Papa oh-so-sweetly says. "Actually, to be very honest... I want all of you to move out now. We need the space now." He continues and gives his bestfriend a look and both of them smile cheekly. The food in my mouth turns bland. That's not the image I wanted early morning!

"Geez!" Suhana and I shriek together.

"Vasectomy. Vasectomy is what you both need!" Sahil points at my father and his before leaving the breakfast table with his coffee mug.

"Ye ladka itna bigad gya hai na." Avni Maa shakes head at her son, who gives no fluffs to anyone and just walks upstairs to his room. That hot fluffer! I wanna gobb—

"You're drooling." My bestfriend murmurs in my ears, I gulp and swipe the tissue on my mouth to remove the drool.

"What about Bhai? And Suhana?" I clear my throat before facing the elders. "Don't worry. They are moving out soon enough." My father replies back.

"Main toh kabse hoon ready tyaar." My bestfriend hums under her breath and I snicker. You get why we are bestfriend?

"I can't wait to have the house all to ourselves." My father says happily, like he isn't sitting here and offending us kids.

O bedardeya... yaar bedardeya— Ahaana!

"You guys coming?" Says my boyfr—? Fiancé? To-be husband? Sahil, it is!

"Yup." Suhana and Bhai reply back, quickly finishing their breakfast and I focus back on finding peanuts from Poha.

"Tu nahi aa rahi?" I hear his voice directly behind me, I shake my head. "I have to go to Mehr Works. I am not coming to the office today." I turn sideways looking up at his face. Why do you think I am dressed in sweatpants, Mr. Sahdev? Is your dum-dum empty? Too soon for the common sense to leave you, sorry for your loss.

"If you have time after work, go check out some flats. Hood will accompany you, okay?" He asks, my eyes narrowing with each of his words. He's not serious, is he?

"What do you mean Hood will accompany me? We decided to go see them together." I stand from my chair. All the hustle bustle stops around us, I know exactly where their eagle-ears are.

"Yeah, but I am busy today and waise bhi tu jo final karegi chalega mujhe." He replies, our mother coos behind me and I snap my eyes at them, then back at the audacious man in front of me.