23. Sneaky hours.

"Ooooh! What's happening? Kiske liye itna handsome bana jaa rha hai?" I hold back my smile and turn sideways to look at Mommy dearest leaning against the doorframe of my bedroom

"Boys night." I mumble.

"Acha? Advik, Yug or Hood ke liye itna cologne use ho rha hai?" She grins, I pick the hairbrush and start to set my strands. Ignoring her jab. Whoever said, mothers know you better than anyone else, is correct!

"Funnily enough, even the girls just left for their night out. Is it possible you all are—"

"Nope! Separate ways. We are going to bowling, don't know about the girls." I lie. It breaks my heart to hide this from her, but she's got a big mouth. She'll tell Dad and he won't take a second before it's straight to Rudra Uncle's ears.

"Oh? Okay then. Enjoy. You'll eat out, right?" She asks walking in the room. I sit down to put on my sneakers. "Haanji Mumma."

"Dekh idhar." She stands in front of me, I bite down on my lower lip before facing her. She cups my cheeks. "I hope it's either boys' night, or Shea-Shai night... if there's someone new na. I'll hand your father his gun myself, okay betaji?" The straight face and sadistic smile that she gives me, runs a shiver down my spine. Almost. Almost. Her fingers dig in my cheeks. I let out a small chuckle.

"Glad to have your vote of confidence, Mumma. Love you too." I stand up, place a kiss on her cheeks and walk her out of my room, my hand thrown over her shoulder.

"Bata de na? Boys or Shea?" The glitter in her eyes when she speaks her name makes me almost let her in on the secret.

"Boys. Shea kyu? Remember, we no longer talk." I say walking downstairs. My phone buzzes in my pocket. "Acha? Wo jo aap dono ke aankho aankho ke ishaare hai na, wo Rudra or Samyak se chup sakte hai... Shika or mujhse nahi." She looks at me with her eyes squinted, I chuckle out.

"Why is everyone in this family behaving like Sherlock Holmes? There's nothing happening between us, Mumma. But as she mentioned that night, we'll never let Dadu's wish go down the drain. Message us the wedding venue, and we'll be the there." I place another kiss on her forehead and separate us. She looks me up and down.

"The us and we that you've used in your last lines na.. is enough to tell me what's been really going on. Ye drame apne baap ke saamne kia kar!" She yells behind me; I just laugh and pick up the Range Rover keys. "We also know who hates small cars!" My mother gleefully shouts.

"Haan sabko sab pata hai. Bas mujhe hi nahi pata kuch. I'll be back by midnight." I shout back walking out of my house and heading straight to the elevator. The smile never leaving my face. Pulling out my phone, I see Suhana's message on the group— the same one Shea is fighting to get in, but I am the admin so...

"Yug is here. Advik went to pick Falak. I am leaving too; she's standing by your car." The message said, I shot back a thumbs up emoji.

The elevator stops in the parking lot, and I walk towards the car, she's standing leaned against the car bonnet with her fingers scrolling down her phone. She hates waiting. Good! Serves the brat right for not coming to see me the whole day.