17. Humne sab kho diya.

My heart thumped loudly as soon as I stop the bike at our second last destination-- Nubra Valley

My heart thumped loudly as soon as I stop the bike at our second last destination-- Nubra Valley. Advik's bike stops next to me, and then comes the car. I do my best to not look at the backseat, but when does my eyes and heart ever listens to me? My gaze slides to the backseat of the car. She was trying to find something, maybe her scrunchie, her hairs were open. They have been the same way since we left Leh. I would have helped her...but she didn't share the room with me. She booked another room last night, I was already asleep by the time they all returned from the local market, so I don't know who or when she took her luggage in the other room. Our friends knew something was wrong with us, so no one interfered when she said that she wanted to travel in the car today.

It felt as if I had pushed her too far...too close to the edge. And every second killed me, I wanted her to be herself. I wanted her to laugh and not hide in that car. I wanted her to just once look at me so I could assure my heart that she was still here. Among us and not lost somewhere in her head. This vacation had officially fallen apart. Suhana and Yug had a fight because she didn't want to continue the trip and just wanted to leave. Maybe this was the first ever time, Yug denied her and even snapped at her when she didn't want to listen to him. I don't know why but he's way too attached with this trip. God knows what's going on in his head!

The honk blaring of bike pulled me out of my head. I turned to look at Yug and Suhana getting down the bike. She was out of the car too, walking away talking on the phone. Yug decided that he wanted to stay here in Nubra in camps and not in Pangong. So he cancelled the camp booking there in Pangong and decided that we'll stay one more day here. That gives us only one day in Pangong. I don't know what's going on in his head, but I was too stressed to think about his actions.

"It's just four o' clock, Sir. Would you like to look around? I can even arrange bonfire for you all tonight." Our tour guide said, I moved my head around thinking...internally wishing for someone else to answer.

"Bonfire, yes. Arrange the bonfire. We'll have dinner there." Falak saved me. Thank you for once, dear nemesis.

"I'll keep the luggage in your rooms." He nodded before turning to go.

"Keep theirs together." Suhana pointed at me and then behind me, I turned sideways to look at her deep into her phone. Yeah, plunge yourself into this damned device! I turned back around and gave my sister a look. She ignored my existence as she has been doing since yesterday. By now even our drivers and guides were well aware of the chaos happening between the two of us.

"That one's yours. That is yours and that one is yours." The guide pointed at our respective camps. "The luggage is already in there. You guys freshen up and then we can take a look around."

"What about my camp? Which one is mine?" Her soft voice said from behind me, I didn't turn around. Not wanting to ruin her mood.

"They didn't have extra one, Ma'am. Due to the sudden booking and all." The guide said and my eyebrows went to my hairline. What is happening here? He knows us from last 7 days and he's already being our cupid? What even? I shook my head at him.