33. The Wedding: Haldi, Anand Karaj & Reception.

—Author's Note—

All the pictures and videos used, belongs to their rightful owners and are here only for reference. I hold absolutely no credits to these.

 I hold absolutely no credits to these

Getting ready for haldi is whirlwind. I'm pushed and yanked around like a fluffing doll. Even though we all slept on time— considering it's my marriage, 2am is the right time. If it was in my control, no one would leave that dance floor till 6 in the morning.

Jee bhar ke naach le baby,
Naach naach ke tod de sandal— shut up, Ahaana!

"Mummaaa.." I crib trying to get my mother's attention. She hums working on her outfit. My father sits on the couch in his bathrobe, his hairs wet from the shower— whoever's on call with this man, my sympathies with him.

"Kyu nahana hai jab wapas ganda hi hona hai?" I whine pouting, Papa turns to look at me from the glass window he's been eyeing since the call started.

"Tu jaa rahi hai ki main Advu ko bulau? Wo kheech ke bathroom mein daalega tab hi nahayegi?" Mumma snaps at me. I narrow my eyes. "Emotional hote hai beti ki shaadi wale din parents or ek aap ho!" I make a sad face.

"Emotional tab hote hai jab door jate hai. Tu kaha jaa rahi hai? Baju wali society mein." Papa says cutting the call. Haaye ye zaalim duniya!

Nahi chakk lo bas ab aap mainu waheguru! Mujhe rahna hi nhi itthe!

"I'll ask my husband to shift 820miles away from you guys. Phir dekhte hai." I threaten them. Mumma snorts—very unladylike— Papa copy pastes her expression. Itna pati patni bhi nhi banana tha!

"Your husband's gonna move away with you? I don't think so, Ahaana, he wants to keep existing in the world." I mean I get it that everyone loves me because as they say— if they don't roast you, they don't love you— but my parents here are crossing a line by roasting their single kid— Advik is adopted, don't tell him that, he'll start whining— My husband will walk into sunsets with me, alright? And in fire for me, okay?

Agree, or I'm gonna shoot you dastards!

"He will if I ask him, he will!" I mumble— unsure myself.

"Ahaana. Stop the tantrum and go shower. The haldi start at 8 am. I'm waiting for no one!" Mumma turns to face me when she's completely ready. Papa comes to stand in front of me, I hug his stomach.

"Why the drama early morning?" Papa asks moving his hand in my hairs.

"You nervous chinu?" Mumma smiles brightly, I hide my face shaking my head in negative. "She is. She is nervous." Mumma sits beside me on the bed, I keep my face hidden not replying her.

"Him?" Mumma whispers. Papa pulls me away from his body and kneels down, coming face to face with me. He cups my cheeks.

"You finally realised marriage is bullshit and you're going to stay single and live with your father forever and ever?" The happy grin on my father's face makes me laugh out loud. Mumma slaps his shoulder. "Worth a try." He shrugs. His hands moves to hold my hands. I start digging my thumb nail into his, a habit I have since I was a baby.