Chapter 02 - The Shadows

"Jimin-" my voice was fading away as I called him

"Jimin-" my voice was fading away as I called him. I gazed at him, trying to control my tears. He jumped away from his seat to reach me.

"Y/n, what is it?" he gripped my both shoulders and turned me to him and stared at me with his soft dripping shaped orbs. Jimin was getting panicked, after all, he did everything he could to recover me from the past events, he was feared that again those horrendous times are gliding towards our lives.

I clasped his hand, "Jimin, you have to help me, only this one...please," I looked at him with pleading eyes. He sighed.

"First let's sit here and talk about it," he walked me back to the sofa.

"So?"

"That auction, I need to get there-," Jimin cut me off right in the middle of my sentence,

"Stop it right there" He aroused his voice. I became silent and glanced at him.

"That's not going to happen Y/n, you are still healing your scars and you are still not yet recovered. I'm not going to support you in this" his words were firm, ambitious. I knew he is telling this because he cares about me.

But I can't just let go of that, he gave it to me...

"Jimin, listen to me,"

"You've hurt enough because of him Y/n, he's gone, this only makes everything worsen" my heart ached as he said "he's gone,"

I know he's gone, but he still lives inside me.

It was silent inside the room again. I emotionlessly stared at the drawing on the wall. The clock ticking sound echoed in the living room, it was too quiet as no humans were living in this house.

I heaved a deep sigh after a long silence.

"I know he's gone, but I don't want to forget him," I gazed at Jimin who was still wearing stern facial expressions.

"Please Jimin, seeing that pendant just sitting there and owned by someone else might hurt me more than this" he looked a little bit convinced after what I said. He frustratingly kept running his fingers through his blonde bangs, couldn't make his mind to a final decision.

"Please, I beg you," I said. I was tired of getting hurt, also I was used to it. But, keeping a memory of him will at least make me feel close to him.

Jimin sighed.

"Will you promise me to start a new life after this? Without all this misery? Will you promise me to stop running behind the past? Stop blaming yourself?" I looked away as he asked me.

It will be hard to forget everything and start a new journey, but I have to try. It's been years since Jimin was only focused on my life instead of his. He doesn't deserve to be like this anymore, not because of me. My hardship is bringing grief to his life as well.