Chapter 44- Going Home

It's been three days since it happened yet I wasn't able to recover from the tragic event I faced

It's been three days since it happened yet I wasn't able to recover from the tragic event I faced. I refused to believe that Jungkook was gone, forever.

The survivors were taken to a campaign built in the dock as the ship anchored. Until they recovered, the campaign's privilege was to shelter them. So many among us had lost their families.  There were small juveniles who were there roaming around, trying to find their lost parents who never survived the tragedy.

The campaign was organized by the locals who got the news of the accident that occurred on the Titanic.  It was the biggest news ever. As we stepped out of the Carpathia, news reporters surrounded us, wanting to know everything that happened on the night the unsinkable ship, the Titanic sank.

Flashes of the cameras made us blind by it's brightness. They treated us like we were some kind of celebrities, warriors, heroes.

In some kind of way, we were warriors, we were heroes.

"How did you survive the Titanic tragedy?"

"What happened that night?"

"Will you share your stories with us?"

A continued river of questions flooded us. Everyone was amused by hearing how the ship collided with the iceberg and ended up sinking in the deep Atlantic. The tragic story made them hold their breaths.

I avoided talking with anyone. I ignored every question that was asked of me. I didn't care about what was happening in the real world. The agony that was burning my soul kept killing me every minute that passed by.

I wanted to be alone, I wanted to stay away from reality, away from everything. Taehyung and Madam Colette were the only people I communicated with.

Madam Colette left the campaign on the second day. She tried to take Taehyung and me with her but I denied her offer.

"I appreciate your support, Madam Colette, I do. Thank you for everything you have done. I'm grateful for what you've done...but I can't leave. I must stay here..."

Madam Colette heaved a deep sigh.

"I understand dear," she rested her hands on my shoulder, giving them a light squeeze.

"But if you need anything,  anything at all, come to me. You are always welcome" She said, presenting me with a sad smile. I managed to curve my lips to a smile and thanked her.

"Thank you, Madam Colette,"  She gazed at me one last time and pulled me into a hug before saying goodbye.

"Stay strong Miss Park Y/n, stay strong. That's what he would have wanted you to be," she whispered to my ears. Remembering Jungkook made my eyes tear up again.

I tried to be strong, but it seemed unimaginable in every possible way.

"Taehyung?" she turned to him. He looked dwelled. He was confused about what to do.