Chapter 43- Rescued By Carpathia

Stars

Stars...

There were thousands of shining stars lighting up the night sky. My body was lying down, curved into a ball, my gaze was set on the beautiful dark sky. The only sound that echoed throughout the area was the clattering of the rows as we cut through the thick water.

Someone might have mistaken me for a corpse. My frozen numb body was lying almost lifeless in the boat. It was not my breathing nor my heartbeat that ceased, it was my soul that was arrested. My lips were blasted because of the constriction as they froze, my heartbeat was getting slower.

I must have cried for hours, I sobbed until I finally collapsed unconsciously on Taehyung's arms.

There I fluttered my eyelashes as I woke up. The first thing I saw was the stars above us.

A tear welled up my orbs, it rolled down my cold skin.

"See the star up there? That's the star I'm taking you to..."

I had no more tears to cry out anymore. I stared at the stars with a frozen gaze. My heart twisted with pain. It felt like someone was holding it and squeezing it tightly to take away my life. I inhaled slow breaths, exhaling clouds of puffs into the air. The cold that night was slowly killing me. I could feel my body temperature getting low.

My whole body was paralyzed.

The screams and pleas of the people subdued with time. As time ran, the screams for help were no longer echoing, it was silence as heck.

A deadly silence.

I kept staring at the beautiful stars. They were twinkling just like Jungkook's deep lovely eyes did. The pain was killing me, the pain of his loss was driving me crazy.

He was gone...Jungkook was gone...

"You promised me to be right next to me..." I whispered to the air, looking at the bright star that was shining brightly. My voice was hoarse, I could barely speak.

"You promised that you'll never leave me Jungkook," My voice broke as I whispered. Big fat tears rolled down my cheeks, making my vision blur.

I kept looking at the sky for hours until the dusk turned to dawn. The night was fading away, and the days of hope were smooching us. Weak sun rays peeped through the clouds and waved at us as if nothing tragic had occurred a few hours ago.

I slowly raised my head to catch a glimpse of the surroundings. Dozens of other boats were rowing around us, they all were rowing in one specific direction. I glanced at the front where we were headed to.

The rising sun was peering through the horizon. In the far, I saw hope, a savior that had come to save us.

It was a gigantic ship, floating glamorously on the water bed. She stood majestically, her aura made people cheer in happiness. They all were going to be saved. A savior had come.