Chapter 49- Talking To The Stars

Flashback

Flashback

15th April 1912 - 2.00a.m

"Jungkook, you'll be right next to me right?" he nodded with a smile.

"I promise"

He kissed her like there was no tomorrow. Jungkook closed his eyes, holding back his tears as they kissed. Seeing Y/n's innocent big eyes, he had no heart to leave her there but he had to, only just for minutes.

But who knew those few minutes could ruin their whole life...

The ropes started jamming, leaving the lifeboat hanging in mid-air. People on the boat looked petrified as the ship started slanting with a loud horrific creaking sound.

Jungkook and the rest of the men used their whole strength to pull the ropes down but it was a futile attempt they were at. They were running out of time. Jungkook had to do something before the whole thing sucks them inside with the ship.

"Jungkook, we have no other option but to cut the ropes." Taehyung glanced at Jungkook who was at the other end. Jungkook looked flustered.

Taking a glance at the ocean below, he bit his lower lip, acknowledging how dangerous it was to cut off the ropes. It might destroy the boat falling from that height itself.

"It might destroy the boat,"

"We'll end up dying if we get pulled with the ship," Jungkook clenched his jaws. He had no option but to agree at that point.

"I'll climb up the rope and cut it-"

"I'll help" Before even Jungkook could reply Taehyung started climbing with the knife tightened between his teeth. Jungkook followed him, climbing up the other rope.

Before he climbed, he gazed at the girl who was watching him with a worried look. He gave her a reassuring smile before climbing up. He wanted to tell her that it was okay, he would be fine, and she would be safe. Jungkook was determined to protect her, Park Y/n, the love of his life at any cost.

"Don't worry Y/n," Jungkook smiled at her and climbed the rope.

He and Taehyung both started tearing the ropes apart by cutting them down. Second by second, they were getting into more risk. His hands were quick. Both of them emerged in their work until a sudden blood-curdling scream escaped from the women who were on the boat.

They were cutting the last rope.

Jungkook lifted his head to see what was all the commotion about. He couldn't see anything clearly because of the dark but his breath hitched as he heard a familiar voice from the deck.

"Park Y/n" the rasp echoed in the air.

Jungkook recognised the deadly voice of Beom Hyeon. He internally panicked but tried to remain calm. But he was startled as he saw the gun the maniac was holding.