Chapter 38- Breakthrough.

I had come face to face with death who was disguised as his many versions

I had come face to face with death who was disguised as his many versions. Each time he tended to bring up different types of black magic to manipulate me to take me with him.

Death...

That moment was another time I came face-to-face with death once again.

For a thunderstruck moment, my legs refused to obey my orders. They stood glued to the place I was standing while my eyes were wide open with horror.

It was not a scenario that you would see every day. Affirmatively not every day, maybe not even once in your lifetime. And even if you did, I doubt that you would survive through to describe what it looked like.

What death looked like with his devilish little smirk cracking his face...

The tight pull of a strong hand brought me back to earth from the stun I was in.

"Y/n, Move!" Jungkook's anxious voice snapped me out of the daze. I finally was able to move my legs.

A big wave of people were running towards our direction through the passage. They were seconded by the army of rats running before them. The rodents were faster than the humans behind them, adding a plus point to the chance of survival.  

But that wasn't the part that made me stop in my tracks. It was the gush of cold water that was mercilessly following behind them to swallow them. The water level must have exceeded our heights. The people, who I later got to know it was the third-class passengers that had lower deck cabins, ran to save their lives from the giant body of water that was pursuing them.

The men held women's hands, and mothers held their children, making an effort to escape the horrific fate that was soon to meet. Everyone together as a pack struggled to get to the upper water as soon as possible.  

Their screams and cries echoed in the air. That weep of fear raised goosebumps in my skin. Those wails of agony were muffled by the sound of the water hitting harshly against the newly painted walls of the passage. I felt like covering both my ears with my palms so I wouldn't hear that blood-curdling sound. 

"Y/n!Love, we have to go! Do you hear me?" Jungkook turned me to him and shook me hard to regain my senses. I glance at him with a bloodless face.

"We have to go, now!" he said in a lower soft tone. I gazed at his face filled with commitment. I remember what he said earlier. 

"You are going to survive this Y/n, I promise that..."

I gripped his hand tightly and nodded. He understood my gestures and didn't spare another second to stay there. We started running away from the flood behind us. Jungkook had his strong grip on me, not letting go of my hand. I even forgot to breathe. My legs were tripping while trying to run in the water but I didn't bother to stop.

How could I stop?

While running I turned to catch a glimpse of the mess behind us.

Boy, I wish I never did that.