Chapter 47- On The Hunt |||

"Jeon Jungkook, he's alive"

I took a step backwards with utmost shock. My lips and hands started shaking vigorously. It felt like my tongue was stuck in my palate with glue, unable to let words out of my mouth. Seokjin let go of my shoulders and looked at me with a concerned gaze.

I shook my head, it started spinning, and my whole world started spinning.

Did I hear it right? It's not a dream anymore?

"Ju- Jungkook... He's alive?" my voice came out as a whisper. But the pin-drop silence in the room made my words echo in the air.

Jimin charged towards Seokjin and clutched his shirt from his collar. He looked intense.

"What are you saying? The boy is alive?" Jimin couldn't believe we just heard either. The other tall man nodded in agreement. He gently removed Jimin's hands from him and turned to me.

"He's alive Y/n" Seokjin frustratingly brushed his hair backwards several times mumbling,

"If only you were a few minutes earlier...he left just when you guys arrived " he groaned in frustration.

"Shit!" he kept muttering while I stood there speechless, not being able to handle the unexpected news that came like a bombshell.

Jungkook was alive, he truly was...

I stared at him with widened eyes. I gulped to wet my dry throat.

"He's truly alive? Are you telling the truth?" I mumbled. Seokjin clasped my hand between his and glanced at me, talking to me in a soft voice.

"He is Y/n, he is...All this time he was desperately trying to find you" I gripped the headrest of the sofa to prevent falling as I felt dizzy. Both Seokjin and Jimin aided me, helping me to lie down on the cosy sofa.

Seokjin hurriedly ordered his maid to bring a glass of Brandi. He handed it to Jimin who carefully let me a few sips of it. I felt better as my cheeks blushed with red again as the strong liquor passed down my throat.

I breathed heavily, trying to walk out of the daze I was in. But everything was too much to handle. The journey to find the pendant finally led me to my long-lost lover, Jeon Jungkook.

"Where is he now?" Jimin quietly asked Seokjin as I was slowly recovering from the shock. Jimin himself was quite stunned but he managed to handle the situation.

Seokjin bit his lower lip in agitation, not being sure how to answer it.

"He just left right before you entered, I'm pretty sure you must have encountered him on the way in" I flickered at him as he said. I recalled the carriage that passed by me a few minutes earlier.

The carriage that passed by, that was him, it was him. We passed each other without knowing. I missed him just like that.

"Oh dear lord..." Jimin said, glancing at me with a worried expression.