Chapter 19 - Memories Bring Back Memories

The night couldn't have been more beautiful that day. I still remember how our chatter and whispers rummaged the intense air. The whole night was owned by us. It was just as magical as it was a fantasy story.

We were standing by the shore, on the wooden dock. Our fingers were entangled with Jungkook's. His warm palms enfolded my cold ones, which reminded me of our very first encounter. I suddenly had an urge to hug him tightly.

"Jungkook," I cooed as my arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

He gazed at me with his twinkling orbs, tucking my hair bangs behind my ears. Black and deep doe eyes, they always made me burn with the fire rising inside me whenever he looked at me. I looked up at him with a racing heart.

"Do you remember the first day we met?" he chuckled as I asked.

"How can I forget, You almost dived into the Atlantic" he said making me softly smile at him. I looked at his thin lips, then again at his doe eyes.

"I felt so assured, so protected that day. You held me tightly..." The trees jingled at the touch of the light wind that embraced us together. The waves colliding with the shore united with the breeze and formed into a lullaby, making the perfect environment for the cupid to do his job.

"Tightly like you are holding me now, don't let go of me Jungkook"

"I'll never let go" his lips brushed against my forehead, planting a soft peck there.

I caressed his face setting my gaze on him.

"Your eyes are like the ocean" He chuckled as I said while looking into his doe eyes.

"Why do you say so?"

"They are so beautiful and deep, Just like the ocean, I love them"

"So you like only my eyes? Not me?" he breathed into me twisting his lips to a smirk. I scoffed at his statement.

"Don't be silly, come here you stupid" I crashed my lips on his sweet ones, as he was my whole world at that moment. I kissed him like it was the last time we would meet. I could feel his smile while brushing my lips against his.

"Why do I have a feeling that I've met you before?" I whispered to him as our lips parted away. He stared at me for a good solid minute, scrutinizing my face. His eyes glistened as his memories were attacked by waves of flashbacks.

"Y/n, That night!" he said cupping my face with both his palms. My hands rested on his veiny arms while curiously looking at him.

His eyes...

That night...

"The night Titanic started sailing," his words of nostalgia drove me to the past.

"The night I was running away when I was heading to the bar," I glanced at him with astonishment and realization.

"It was you" Jungkook's tone was tinted with surprise too.

That cold and dangerous night my life was hanging by thread. The person I bumped into was Jeon Jungkook, the captain of Titanic.

"I'll be going then. Are you sure that you are ok? It's not an approvable place for a young lady at this time of the day.."

"I can't believe this"

Destiny sure had it's own ironic movements. The person I bumped into happened to be my life saviour, more than that the love of my life. Funny how a runway turned out isn't it?

The night we spent on the deck together was a memory that remained inside my heart forever. We shared our feelings, we giggled, we snuggled each other, and we helped each other to heal our scars.