Chapter 39- Stampede

"What do you mean Jungkook?" Taehyung glanced at him with his brows knitted

"What do you mean Jungkook?" Taehyung glanced at him with his brows knitted. But in an instant, his orbs flashed a glisten of hope.

"You mean..." Jungkook nodded as Taehyung picked up the hint.

The swamp of people was pushing each other forward, making me a human sandwich between them. The only thing that held me like a grip was Jungkook's hand wrapping me around from one side and Taehyung covering me from the other side so I wouldn't get squished.

Both of them were protecting me from either side. I felt safe even though we were far away from safety. Jungkook staying beside me was a great strength, his presence was enough to convince me that I would survive this tragedy somehow. I had to be strong.

Jungkook shifted his gaze to me.

"Y/n, wait here till me and Taehyung find something to break the gates. Don't go anywhere, stay right here...got it? " he said, carefully stroking my fallen hair and tucking one bang behind my ear.

"I'll stay right here" I assured him with a nod.

Even for that slight moment, he was hesitant to leave me. That kind of a man he was. The concerned look on his face my heart clench with agony. But my inner strength stood against the misery.

Jungkook let go of my hand after gazing at me for a good minute. As I felt the absence of his warm hand, my mind flooded with apprehension. Taehyung glanced at me and gave a light squeeze on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, we'll be back soon" he smiled before disappearing with Jungkook, merging with the crowd.

I tiptoed in the direction they went until I lost sight of their heads. The harsh forces pushing me from behind made me collide with the person in front of me even though I tried to avoid it. It was impossible to stay still.

"Miss, Miss" I heard a squeaky tiny voice talking from behind me.

I quickly turned, noticing a small figure of a woman standing behind me. A man, who I assumed was her husband was wrapping his arm around her with a concerned face. What caught my attention most was the infant she was holding.

My eyes softened as I saw the newborn in her hand. As I turned she glanced at me with hope.

"Miss, is there any sign of them letting us go?" she talked in a foreign accent but her English was clear. Her words made me drenched in anguish, the hope and innocence clattered in her voice made me reluctant to answer.

I smiled.

"Don't worry, they are going to let us out soon, anytime now" I tried to console her. I was trying to console myself further.

She smiled at me happily and turned to her husband, explaining to him in their language what I said as he looked at her. I understood that he could neither talk nor understand English. Her words made his face lit up.