Chapter 53- Those Who Perished

It's been a few weeks since me and Jungkook reunited again after years of longing for each other

It's been a few weeks since me and Jungkook reunited again after years of longing for each other.  I did my very best to take care of him to recover from his illness. I was beyond happy to be near him. Jungkook was becoming healthier day by day. And so was I. When I visited my therapist after a week she happily said that I was in good condition, which made Jimin eased.

We were making huge progress in our lives.

Jimin was back on his business work which made me relieved. He had to give up everything because he had to take care of me instead. I was happy to see him back in his tracks. He gladly accepted the affiliation of Kim Enterprise which was quite famous for new fashion cars. Which made him and Kim Seokjin business partners. It was a good step to start everything all over.

Jungkook and I were able to build up our lives on our own. We supported each other to recover from the past trauma. Jungkook himself was my best therapist of all. 

I wanted to visit a special place for some time.

Jungkook was taking me there.

And there I was standing in front of the entrance of a most historical place, holding hands with Jungkook. I glanced over the fence to see the cement tombs that were standing against the ground with gloom. A soft sigh left me as I read the name.

Fair View Cemetery, Halifax

We were in Halifax, Canada. Jungkook and I traveled across the world to visit this place. The place where hundreds of dead souls became victims of the Titanic tragedy on 15th April 1912 laying down peacefully.

The silence of the dead ghosted the area. The humming of the wind carried the whispers of the dead who wailed for life that night. The rustling of the dry leaves echoed the agony consumed by the lonely souls. The only thing they were accompanied by were the dry flowers that were kept beside their graves.

The graves were starting to wreck just like their owners. The stones were carved with the names who died that day with the particular sentence that could be seen in every tomb.

Lost in the Titanic disaster
April 15, 1912

The wax drops that were staining the greyish tombs were like tears that were shed by those who perished that night in the cold Atlantic.  Without being able to say goodbye to their loved ones, they had to go. The chilly breeze extracted the loneliness even more.

The grief clouded me.

Jungkook's hand slid around me, trying to comfort me seeing my gloomy face that was hanging low. I glanced at him.

"It must be so lonely for them" I quietly said with a sigh.

Jungkook glanced at the tombs that were standing next to each other. He stepped towards them tracing his finger along the cold surface. His face held so many emotions.