7. Elastic Heart

"You're still tight like a virgin. Guess you haven't been fucking around."

Angel zipped up his pants, leaving a tired, sore, and strained Yukio sprawled out on the bed trying to catch his breath.

"For a minute, I thought you might have been giving that sweet cookie to someone else. Then I would have had to punish you."

And by 'punish', he meant hitting him until he blacked out. Yukio hated Angel with a passion. When he was eighteen, he thought he would want to be with him forever. He was such a sweet and kind-hearted man...

So gentle...

But Yukio quickly found out that this wasn't the case at all. It began with little things. Yelling at Yukio for things he couldn't control. Threatening him with blunt objects. And then one day, he just lost it and hit Yukio in the face. He apologized. Said he didn't mean it and then asked Yukio to marry him. Yukio said yes, thinking that he would change.

But they didn't. They got worse. And now, three years later, he was stuck in the engagement and still getting his ass kicked.
"Just...don't leave bruises where Rin can see..."

"You say that like I always intend to hit you. If you didn't disobey me so much, you wretched little whore, I wouldn't be so compelled to snap your neck..."

He leans down, smacking Yukio across his cheeks harshly.

"But I do love you, my dear. Now, how about we get to bed?"

#

That next morning, Bon woke up to a very drunken Shima and passed out on his lawn. His Audi was parked not in the driveway, but near the front door.

"Jesus..."

He pulled his best friend up from the grass and dragged him inside to see Rin peering down the hall with furrowed brows.

"Baby, what's wrong with him?"

"He's drunk. He gets like this when he's upset sometimes. Maybe something happened between him and Yukio."

Rin slipped on his shirt and came out to help Bon sit Shima down on the couch. Shima started mumbling, startling awake.

"Bon? What're ya doin herr?"

"You were passed out on my lawn. You need to sober up, man."

Bon sent Rin into the kitchen to make coffee and Bon sat Shima up straight. It wasn't long before Rin brought a cup of black coffee to Shima, who took the hot and bitter drink and blew on it before drinking. Bon sat down next to him expectantly, holding Rin in his lap once he did so. Shima stared at the coffee table, avoiding the gaze of his best friend.

"Did you know that Yukio was engaged?"

Bon and Rin looked at each other with wide eyes. Then they both turned to look at Shima. "That's a bummer, dude." Bon said, attempting to comfort him. Shima had all the panties of all the cheerleaders and never got stuck on one broad, so this was all new to him.

But then again, Yukio was no broad.

"Wait, what does the guy look like? He a tall, blonde guy with an 'omg' face?" Rin asked. Shima scowled but nodded nonetheless. Rin frowned and got up, running into the bedroom to throw his own clothes on.

"Rin, what's wrong?"

"That's Angel. He beats on Yukio sometimes and Yukio is afraid to leave. I'm going back to the dorms."

Shima, still not completely sober, jumped up from the sofa and almost fell over. "He hits him?! That's why he looked so scared...how come I've never seen this guy before now?" He asked. Rin slipped his sneakers on and looked at Bon who grabbed his keys and slipped his running shoes on. "Let's finish this in the car." He said.

#

Angel was angry and Yukio didn't quite know why. All he did was tell him that he had to go to class and he flipped on him, smacking him with the keyboard from his desktop. Yukio rolled into a ball, covering himself from Angel's assault.

"Is that boy there? You're gonna go fuck him? ANSWER ME!!"

"Angel, please!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Another barrage of kicks was thrown into his side and he cried out in pain.

Why had no one called the cops yet?

#

Rin heard Yukio's screaming from outside and ran through the hall, running to try and open the door only to find that it was locked.

"ANGEL, STOP! OPEN THE DOOR! STOP IT!"

"Move, Rin."

Bon rammed himself into the door and it burst open, giving Shima the opportunity to tackle Angel to the ground. Rin ran to his bloody and bruised brother, trying to pull him up from the floor. Yukio sobbed and cried in pain as his broken ribs protested. "It hurts, Rin!" He sobbed. Rin wiped tears from him eyes and tried to help him downstairs. "It's okay! It's okay, he's not gonna hurt you anymore!" Rin said, glaring as people watched from their dorm doorways.

Shima knocked Angel out with one blow to the face. "A real man would never do something like that. Only a bitch would hit someone who he knows can't protect themselves." He mumbled. Bon hummed in agreement. "We should call the cops." He said.

#

They had to wait until the cops got there in order to find help for Yukio. Luckily, they brought an ambulance along.

"We need someone to ride with him. One person."

The paramedic looked at Rin expectantly, but Rin quickly volunteered Shima instead. Shima seemed so surprised, but the look on Rin's face reassured him.

Yukio needed him right now.

"Alright. Meet you guys at the hospital?"

"No doubt. Go ahead."

#

Yukio was silent, staring at everything in the back of the ambulance.

Anything but Shima.

"I'm not upset, Yukio. I worry about you. What if he would have killed you? Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I. LOVE. YOU. I LOVE YOU. Baby, can't you let me do that for you? Make you smile? Make you happy?"

Yukio looked at Shima and the sincerity of his expression nearly made his heart shatter.

"I don't want you to be hurt...in all of this. I want to be with you--"

"Then be with me. I'll never let him or anyone else hurt you. Just be with me."

Yukio paused, struggling to sit up in the bed when Shima gently pushed him back down.

"Don't. You're gonna hurt yourself."

"Then come here."

"Why?"

"So I can kiss you, idiot."

Shima hurriedly locked his lips with Yukio's in a soft kiss before he had the chance to change his mind. "Does this mean that you'll give me a chance?" He asked. Yukio sighed.

"Whatever....idiot."

"I love you, Yuki.".

"I love you, too."