26. Mother of Mine

"Ren...?"

"I'm here, baby."

"I love you, Ren."

"I love you too, baby."

"Can I get a puppy, Ren?"

"...Yeah, baby. Anything you want."

Shima felt a bit bad for going back on his word. He said that he didn't condone the use of Marijuana and he should've stood by it.

So why did he allow Yukio to continue using it again?

Right at that moment, Yukio was as high as a kite. His eyes were low and red, but he was aware of everything. He just seemed to cope better that way.

He snuggled into Shima's side and Shima rubbed his lower back with his hand, leaning over to kiss his forehead. "Are you mad because I use it? You said you didn't like it." Yukio pointed out. Shima sighed, pulling Yukio closer. "No, I'm not mad, baby." He said.

"Did dad say where he went?"

"...No. He just said that he didn't know when he would be back. He texted me the location of the cemetery where your mom is. We're gonna go see her in the morning."

"We are?"

"Mhm. Me, you, Rin, and Bon. Sound good?"

Yukio didn't answer and Shima peeked over at him to see that he was already asleep. He smiled sadly, shaking his head.

"My poor baby..."

#

"What are you doing, Rin? Aren't you ready to go?"

"I don't have anything to wear, all of my shirts don't really fit anymore."

Bon walked back into the bedroom and reached into the closet, taking out a TCU hoodie and handing it to him. "Here, just wear mine and I'll take you wardrobe shopping today." He said. Rin took the hoodie and put it on. Even though his belly was swollen, it was still a tad too big...

Which was okay with him.

"Okay, I'm readyyyy!"

"Let's go then."

Rin just sat on the bed, arms crossed and staring at Bon. Bon raised a brow. "What?" He asked. Rin extended his arms and Bon rolled his eyes. "You want me to carry you?" He asked. Rin nodded and Bon hooked his arms underneath him, carrying him as if he was light as a feather.

"I'm not heavy?"

"Even with a baby in you, you're still anorexic."

Rin frowned. "I'm not anorexic, you're just really freakishly strong." He said. Bon smirked, grabbing his keys and heading for the door.

"Maybe that's why is was so easy to put a baby in you."

"It was easy to put a baby in me because we fucked without a condom and you came inside of me."

"Well...yeah, that too."

"You failed biology, didn't you."

"Once, but that doesn't matter."

Rin laughed out loud and Bon paused in the hallway, giving him a look that said 'is it really that funny?'

"I'm sorry babe. I just thought that you of all people would know where babies came from." Rin laughed again. "It's not like this even regular biology, Rin. I mean, in my defense, you have a dick. In normal circumstances you wouldn't be pregnant." He said. Rin willed himself to stop laughing at Bon. "You're right. I shouldn't have laughed. I'm sorry, babe." He said. Bon continued his way out of the door, mumbling under his breath about how mean Rin was.

#

"Is that it?"

"I...I think so."

Rin reached out and squeezed Yukio's hand as they looked down at their mother's grave. She was buried in the cemetery behind the old church they used to attend as kids.

Yuri Egin

Loving wife and wonderful mother

Revelations says if people wipe every tear from their eyes than death shall be no more. Neither shall their be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Rest in paradise

"So...she is dead." Yukio whispered to himself. Rin squeezed his hand tighter, tears welling up in his eyes. He chocked out a sob, trying to hold them back. Bon stepped forward, reaching out to him when Shima pulled him back again. "This is something that they have to do. Our job is to be here when they're ready." He said. Bon reluctantly nodded, settling in his spot once more.

"M-mom..."

"We don't know why you did what you did..."

"We don't even know if we could have helped you...but..."

"We love you."

"And we miss you."

"And we hope that you're somewhere looking down on us. Life won't be the same without you."

The boys both laid there roses down on her grave, looking down one last time before looking at each other. Yukio wrapped his arms around Rin and they gave each other sad smiles, tears running down their face.

"We said goodbye..."

"Not goodbye, bro. Just...see ya later. You know?"

They looked over to Shima and Bon who were both waiting with open arms. Yukio nuzzled his nose in Shima's neck, allowing the pinkette to rub his back in a comforting manner. Rin allowed Bon to wrap his strong arms around him and shower him in light kisses, telling him that he did a good job.

Suddenly, Shima didn't feel so bad anymore.