35. || Hell

"Kai?"

With furrowed brows I moved closer to the muscular back. It had to be him. This was my memory. Was this our time back in 1994?

"Layla!"

He turned around to pull me into a tight hug. Wow. "I love you!" Wha–? His lips crushed onto mine making me stumble a little, but his hand on my waist prevented me from falling.

"I love you."

A big smile spread on my face as I heard the words again. He loved me! I wrapped my arms around his strong back and leaned my hand against his chest.

"I love you too Kai Parker."

Finally. Finally we got to be happy too. We loved each other and there was no one judging us.  No one, who told me that he was dangerous or not worthy enough.

"I love you so much Layla."

His words echoed in my head. Wait..
There was no world where Kai would say these words. Something must've gone terribly wrong.
The last thing I remember was..

Kai. Kai killed me..

Before I could pull away from him I saw his eyes darkening and then a sharp pain crossed my back.
The red liquid colored my whole white shirt in this dark and frightening color.

"Why?"

I asked with tears in my eyes and sunk down in my knees. While Kai was looking down at me with a deathly glare, I was trying to stop my bleeding.
The wound didn't heal.

The man I loved stabbed me in the back, literally and metaphorically.

He kneeled down to me and tilted his head to the side. "Don't try to change me." He hissed before slamming the knife into my chest..

-

"Kai?"

With furrowed brows I moved closer to the muscular back. It had to be him. This was my memory. Was this our time back in 1994?

"Layla!"

He turned around to pull me into a tight hug. Wow. "I love you!" Wha–? His lips crushed onto mine making me stumble a little, but his hand on my waist prevented me from falling.

I stopped for a second. This was too familiar. Wasn't I dead? Wasn't I supposed to be in hell? Or was this my hell?
Being punished with the worst feeling I've ever witnessed?

Getting betrayed to death by the person I loved.
That was my own personal hell.