76.|| Destroyed.

- ten years later -

I smiled happily after I got rid of the oven glove. This was our first Thanksgiving in our new home, so everything had to be perfect. The turkey was in the oven, the table was all set and the collection of Bourbons was hidden and the good wine was served.

"Nervous?"

Damons voice made me flinch on my spot. God I hated when he did that. After I gave him a little smack with the oven glove, he chuckled, pulling me in for a kiss. A smile tugged on my lips as he kissed me. A few years ago I could've never imagined being this happy with Damon.

"A little bit."

I answered him as we separated our lips. He laid his hand on my waist, leading me out of the hot kitchen.

"I'd be nervous too, I mean Caroline is going to judge every inch of our house-"

"Oh shut up."

I giggled and placed my hand on his muscular chest. Our laughter soon came to an end and Damons intense look into my eyes, made me blush a little. I somehow loved and hated it at the same time when he looked at me like that.

"I love you Odessa."

Now, I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug. With closed eyes I sighed calmly.

"I love you too Damon."

He pulled away from the hug, just to push his lips against mine. I quickly let my hand travel up to his jaw, while the other was laying on his chest. Damons big hands caressed my body and suddenly lifted me up to sit me down on the bar counter in our living room. I locked him up between my legs, pulling him even closer.

Even though I'd love to continue, I still had to get ready. Enzo and Bonnie would be here any minute and my hair was still smelling like onions and turkey. With my hand on Damons chest, I slightly pushed him away.

"Damon-"

I breathed heavily, making him look at me with dark eyes.

"I have to get ready."

An annoyed sigh left his mouth, causing me to smirk a little. He held out his hand, to help me hop off the bar. Before disappearing upstairs, I pecked a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey please look after the turkey."

"You're so romantic Layla-"

I laughed at Damons stupid comment and made my way upstairs.

"I love you Mr. Salvatore!"

"I love you Mrs. Salvatore!"

He called after me as I walked up the stairs straight into the bathroom next to our bedroom. I got rid of my food-smelling clothing and turned on the hot water. After a quick shampoo-conditioner and body wash routine, I wrapped my hair and my body into a towel before leaving the bathroom.

I had to be quick. Our guests would arrive in just thirty minutes and I didn't even have make-up on. With a swift motion I slipped into my dark red dress and the matching heels. I sat down on my dressing table and proceeded to do my make-up

About fifteen minutes later, I was done and went to get the set of jewelry I planned on wearing tonight. It was a gift from Damon for our five year anniversary. While looking at the silver earrings and necklace, I fell into a state of disbelief.

It has already been five years since we both took the cure. The decision was hard to make, but we were so in love that we wanted to build a family. So Damon took the first step and drank Elenas blood and I did the same. It was an unfamiliar feeling at first, but now I was glad that I took it. Especially that I took it with Damon.