51. || Traumatized

The warmth of the morning sun tickled my eyelids open and as soon as I was conscious again, I turned around and started looking for Kai,
but my bed was empty.

The sheets were messed up and there was a pile of clothes which belonged to me. Well- I didn't expect it differently. I knew he was lying when he said I love you, but still, his absence made my mood sink immediately.

I rolled my eyes and finally got up to take a shower, get ready and tell Caroline that I gave in- again.
With slow and slurpy steps I had reached the bathroom door and just as I was about to open it, it was swung open from the other side, revealing a shirtless Kai.

"Did I wake you up?"

My lips parted, but I was too perplexed to say something. He was here. He didn't leave. I quickly put on a soft smile and shook my head.

"No, I was just looking for you and-"

"You thought I left."

Kai finished the sentence for me. I could tell he was a little frustrated that I expected him to leave by the way he avoided my eyes and  pressed his lips together, but in the other hand, he understood that I was skeptical about his confession from last night.

"Layla I promise, I will never leave you again."

I looked him in the eyes and couldn't bring up more than a smile. If I learned one thing on this earth was that every promise would break one day.
So I wasn't too optimistic when he promised me to never leave me.

"Don't look at me like that. I know that I made mistakes and some of them are unforgivable, but I will do everything I can to be a better person, a better man."

My glance rushed from his grey blueish eyes to his rosy lips and right back up. I thanked god that he wasn't a vampire with special hearing because my heart was beating so fast it was embarrassing.

"Not because I don't like being a sociopath- but because you deserve someone better. You fell in love with me when I was at my lowest and something's probably terribly wrong with you because of that.."

We both chuckled at that last part of his sentence. He was right. Which normal person falls in love with a sociopath?

"But I know we belong together. And I don't know if we're gonna die tomorrow or live forever, but I know one thing for sure.."

When I felt Kais thumb gently stroking my cheek, I melted right into his palm.

"I will love you til the very end Odessa."

Without even hesitating, I fell into Kais arms and hugged him like I never did before. This confession he made was more than I could've ever asked for. I mean two months ago it seemed impossible to hear these words coming out of his mouth.

"I love you Kai."

As we separated, he recognized my watery eyes. Kai pouted his lips and pulled me in once again.
Feeling his chest against mine and his protective arms around me, made me sigh in relief.
I was finally happy.

-

After putting some fresh clothes and make up on, I got ready to leave this room with Kai by my side, which would cause a lot of well- damage.

With intertwined hands Kai and I were walking down the stairs and to my surprise we bumped into Bonnie on the stairs.

"Bonnie-?!"

My best friend laughed when she saw how happy I was to see her. We immediately hugged each other and didn't let go until Kai interrupted us.

"Long time no see BonBon."

She just rolled her eyes and looked back at me. Wait- I was confused. When did they come back? When Kai and I arrived here yesterday nobody was home since everyone else was at the Whitmore party.

"Did you just get here or-?"

"No Layla your brother and I we uhm- we arrived last night."

The words went to my brain and within seconds I knew what that meant. Oh god-

"Bonnie you didn't-"

"Yea we heard pretty much everything. Enzo is still trying to recover-"

I turned to look at Kai, but he was trying to hold back a mega burst out. How could he even find this funny- My brother! My own brother heard us oh my god- I couldn't look him in the eyes anymore!

"So whats with you two?"

Bonnie asked now all serious and with her arms crossed above her chest. Just as Kai wanted to answer her, I put my hand on his chest and prevented him from explaining our relationship to Bonnie.

"We should head downstairs to tell everyone.. It's kind of a big thing."

So we all walked the rest of the stairs down into the living room, where everyone was already up to something. Damon and Elena were cuddled on the couch, Caroline had a cup of coffee in her hand and Stefan just looked at her while Enzo stared into the void with a glass that was filled with liquor.
He was traumatized.

"Guys-"

Everyones eyes shot up to me and as soon as they saw Kai by my side, I got a few eyerolls and some surprised glares.

"Oh great- Layla fell for you again. Well done Parker."

Damon spat and shook his head in a degrading way. I just furrowed my brows and looked over to Caroline who also seemed kind of disappointed in me.

"What's your problem, are you still mad she chose me?"

Kai provoked Damon by reminding him of the many times I put Kai over Damon. Even I was surprised of how often that happened now that I thought back to it.

"Layla, watch your man."

"You should watch your mouth."

I just closed my eyes and tried not to kill both of them in a split second.

"Shut up! Both of you- I'm here to say that Kai and I are together-"

"What? No- Layla!"

Enzo seemed to wake from his comatose state and was now standing in front of me. I didn't quite get what his point was, but he looked really concerned and angry at once.

"You can't just believe him after everything he has done. Did you forget that he is the reason you lost your magic?"

Kai lowered his head and I could really see how bad he felt about that topic and that it was brought up.

"Layla- I love you, but your brother's right. Kai will never be capable of love."

My head shot to Caroline, who took Enzos side. What the hell? I didn't ask for their opinions. I just wanted to tell them and not get a lecture on my sociopathic boyfriend.

"No matter what he's told you Layla, he lying. That's the only thing he can do good."

Bonnie also built up next to Enzo.

"You're acting like a sixteen year old."

As I saw them all standing there, a ironic laugh tumbled off of my lips. I held my hand up hoping this gesture would somehow maintain the rage inside of my chest and not splash out on my friends.

"I didn't ask for your opinions. I just wanted to clarify that I trust and love this man."

By taking Kais hand into mine, I made my point clear. He even looked at me with a smile that made my heart warm up immediately.

"Deal with it."

I hissed at my friends before Kai and I proceeded to leave the mansion, but just as we were about to walk out, the door was opened by a blonde original..