。twenty seven 。

-"Done

-
"Done."
-

Steve walked through the hospital, his hood pulled up to try and hide himself with his posture slightly bent so no one would see his face seeing as though people were looking for him. He moved over to the vending machine in search of the USB he'd put in there but it was no longer in there.

Either side of him, Alina and Natasha both chewed on bubblegum before blowing a bubble, smirking at the man. Hurriedly, he grabbed the both of them and dragged them into a spare room, slamming them into a wall harshly.

"Where is it?" Steve demanded.

"Safe." Natasha answered.

"Do better." Steve ordered.

"Where did you get it?" Natasha pushed.

"Why would I tell you?" Steve shot back.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" Alina questioned.

"What's on it?" Steve pressed.

"We don't know." Natasha responded.

"Stop lying." Steve sneered.

"We only act like we know everything, Rogers." Natasha continued.

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" Steve quizzed.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty. Fury needed a way in. So do you." Natasha explained.

"I'm not gonna ask you again." Steve said, slamming them into the wall again and Alina sighed through her nose.

"We know who killed Fury." Alina chimed in before he could break the wall behind them. "Most of intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do, call him the Winter Soldier."

"He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years." Natasha added.

"So he's a ghost story." Steve mused. 

"Five years ago, I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran." Natasha began. "Somebody shot out my tyres near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." She lifted her shirt to show Steve the scar. "Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in 'em now." Steve remarked and Natasha smiled slightly. "You?"

"Old friends. Acquaintances, would be more accurate." Alina hummed.

"Going after him is a ghost story. I know, I've tried." Natasha spoke up. "Like you said, he's a host story."

She held up the USB and Steve grabbed it from her, "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants."

-

Natasha, Alina and Steve all walked through a shopping centre in casual clothing, Steve with glasses and a cap on while Alina and Natasha had the hoods of their jumped over their heads.  Natasha spoke, "First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk."

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." Steve responded.

The trio all went into the Apple Store to use one of the laptops on display. Alina began to type while Steve and Natasha looked over her shoulder.

"The drive has Level Six homing programme," Alina mumbled, "so as soon as we boot up, S.H.I.E.L.D. will know exactly where we are."

"How much time will we have?" Steve questioned, glancing around cautiously.

"About nine minutes from," Alina paused, shoving the USB into the computer, "now. Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps re-writing itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?" Steve asked.

"The person who developed this is little bit smarter than me but it should be simple." Alina shrugged. "I'll try a tracer. This is program that S.H.I.E.L.D. developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

"Can I help you guys with anything?" An employee asked, walking over an Natasha and Steve turned to him.

"Oh, no. My fiancé and my sister were just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." Natasha lied, hugging Steve from the side.

"Right. We're getting married." Steve added and Alina could've chuckled at the poor lie.

"Congratulations. Where are you guys thinking about going?" The employee asked, trying to peek at what Alina was searching for.

"New Jersey." Steve lied when he saw it pop up on the screen.

"Oh." The employee hummed before looking at Steve closely. "I have the exact same glasses."

"Wow, you two are practically twins." Natasha remarked, her voice bored.

"Yeah, I wish." He chuckled. "Specimen. If you guys need anything, I've been Aaron."

"Thank you." Steve nodded and turned back to Alina. "You said nine minutes. Come on."

"Shut up." Alina muttered, finishing off. "Done."

Steve looked at it closely and Natasha looked at him, "You know it?"

"I used to. Let's go." Steve mumbled, snatching the USB out of the computer and they left the shop, keeping their heads down. "Standard tax team. Two behind, to across, and two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you two hit the south escalator to the metro."

"Shut up and out your arm around me. Laugh at something I said." Natasha ordered as Alina moved away from the pair, pulling out her phone and she pretended to answer a call with a fake American accent.

"What?" Steve asked, glancing at Alina who didn't turn to him.

"Do it." Natasha ordered and Steve complied, chuckling falsely as they passed by them. They got onto an escalator and spotted Rumlow so Alina pulled out her phone again, turning the other way and Natasha looked up at Steve, "Kiss me."

"What?"

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." Natasha explained.

"Yes, they do." Steve agreed and Natasha quickly pulled him into a kiss and Rumlow didn't notice.

When he passed by, the pair pulled away and the three started to walk down the escalator, Natasha speaking, "You still uncomfortable?"

"That's not exactly the word I would use." Steve murmured.

"Don't use anymore words, please. I beg." Alina sighed.

{980}