。twenty six 。

-"Fuck you

-
"Fuck you."
-

"Yes?" Alina asked as she picked up her phone, nibbling a nacho from the plate beside her.

"Fury's been shot, bad." Steve got to the point and Alina sat up properly, taking her legs off the settee.

Steve gave Alina the hospital name and she immediately set out to go there. When she arrived, Natasha pulled up at the same time. Alina got off her motorbike, carrying her helmet with her inside the hospital as she hurried in with Natasha.

"Is he gonna make it?" Natasha asked as they watched the surgeons operate on Nick.

"I don't know." Steve sighed.

"Tell us about the shooter." Natasha ordered.

"He's fast, strong. Had a metal arm." Steve listed and Alina inhaled sharply as Maria came up beside her.

"Ballistics?" Alina questioned.

"Three slugs, no rifling, completely untraceable." Maria explained.

"Soviet made." Both Natasha and Alina muttered and Maria looked at them.

"Yeah."

The doctors began o rush around suddenly, grabbing equipment. Natasha exhaled, "Don't do this to me, Nick." But they tried to revive and it didn't work. Steve walked away as Natasha swallowed thickly.

"What's the time?"

"1:03, Doctor."

"Time of death, 1:03 AM."

Alina walked away and so did Natasha and Maria. Nick was moved into a different room, a sheet over his body. Steve and Alina leant on the wall while Natasha stood next to his body. Maria joined their side.

"We need to take him." Maria muttered and Steve approached Natasha.

"Natasha." Steve said gently and she placed a hand on Nick's forehead before walking away quickly, Alina doing the same. "Natasha, Alina!"

"Why was Fury in your apartment?" Natasha demanded as they span to him.

"I don't know." Steve lied, poorly.

"Captain, they want you back at S.H.I.E.L.D." Rumlow interrupted.

"Yeah, give me a second." Steve nodded.

"They want you now." Rumlow pushed.

"Okay." Steve said slowly, angered slightly and Rumlow walked away.

"You're a terrible liar." Natasha muttered, walking away.

"Why was he in there?" Alina repeated the question.

"I said, I don't know." Steve lied.

"Fuck you." Alina sighed, walking away from him and out of the hospital.

When she got home, she placed her, Wade's, coat on the island and started to play the film she was watching again. Curling up on the pillows, she reached for her nachos again, sighing when they were cold.

She opted for placing them in the microwave again to heat them up. The hairs on her neck pricked up, feeling as though someone was watching her and she glanced to the window, finding the curtains open. She grabbed a small gun and held it at her thigh, walking over.

When she looked out, she saw nothing but a man walking past in a black hoodie and jeans although his pace was quick and his shoulders were stiff. Alina placed the gun onto the island and waited for her nachos. She was beginning to think paranoia was going to become an occurring feeling.

Since last year, the former assassin had had the feeling of eyes on her all the time. She couldn't walk down the street without thinking she was being spied on by something. However, she knew she was safe because she could easily kill the person.

When the microwave pinged, she took the plate out with a tea-towel and made her way back to the settee and carried on watching the film, no longer feeling eyes on her. Her eyes would flicker to Butt and Plug every so often and she'd wonder where Wade was when he died and if he was alone.

Being alone wasn't nice and she knew that from experience, but being alone and dying alone, she couldn't imagine anything worse.

So, it's good he's not so dead but it's be better if she knew.

{637}