。twenty 。

-"That is not true

-
"That is not true."
-

"You speak if control, yet you court chaos." Thor smiled around the room full of angered people.

"That's his M.O., isn't it?" Bruce spoke up. "I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no, we're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a time bomb."

"Boom." Alina imitated an explosion with her hands, scoffing when Steve sent her a look. "Oh, so when you need help, you're nice."

"You need to step away." Fury ordered Bruce.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony asked, putting his hand on Steve's shoulder which was quickly shoved off.

"You know damn well why. Back off!" Steve ordered.

"I'm starting to want you to make me." Tony shot back, Alina still unfazed as she grinned.

"Yeah. Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?" Steve pushed, moving to stand in front of Tony who looked back at him.

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony listed and Natasha cocked her head in agreement.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you." Steve shot back. "I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire." Tony retorted.

"Always a way out." Steve mused, glancing at the others with a smirk. "You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you?" Tony started. "You're a laboratory experiment, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle."

"That is not true." Alina shrugged and Tony glanced to her. "Oh, don't stop. This is like a new movie. I only wish I had popcorn."

"Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds." Steve turned Tony's attention back to him and Thor laughed.

"You people are so petty and tiny." The god grinned.

"Yeah, this is a team." Bruce muttered.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his-"

"Where?" Bruce interrupted. "You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case-"

"In case you needed to kill me. But you can't. I know, I tried." Bruce confessed and Alina's smile fell. "I got low. I didn't see an end. So, I put a bullet in my mouth, and the other guy spit it out. So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good. Until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk. You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

Fury pushed back the strap keeping his gun to his waist, hovering his hand over the weapon while Natasha did the same. Alina noticed and thought it was pointless as Bruce had just explained he had already tried bullets and got not where apart form back here. She felt bad for the man because everyone had seemed to brush past his confession and went back to fearing him.

"Dr. Banner, put down the sceptre." Steve ordered and Bruce glanced down at the glowing stick.

"Is no body worried about him?" Alina questioned, glancing around in shock. "He just said he tried to kill himself and you can't feel bad. Fury, you can't feel bad for putting him in this position?"

"It's my job, Shostakov." Fury stated and she scoffed.

"Taking people away from their happiness. Great job you have." She said sarcastically.

"No offence, but you weren't exactly going anywhere without Agent Romanoff." Fury snapped. "You'd still be alone without her."

"Saying 'no offence' does not make it less offensive. Just mentioning that." Alina glared before the computer beeped and they all looked over at it.

"Got it." Bruce mumbled, placing down the sceptre and walking past the group. "Sorry, kids, you don't get to see my party trick after all."

"You located the Tesseract?" Thor demanded.

"I could get there faster." Tony bragged.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard." Thor stated. "No human's a match for it."

"You're not going alone." Steve said to Tony, grabbing his arm.

"You're gonna stop me?" Tony shot back.

"Put on the suit, let's find out." Steve tried.

"I'm not afraid to hit an old men." Tony snipped.

"Put on the suit." Steve ordered lowly.

"It is like watching old married couple." Alina sighed, bored and wanting to go home to ice cream and Shrek and Wade. Only two being possible.

"Oh, my God." Bruce mumbled and an explosion happened quickly, Alina ducking behind a table, holding her hands over her head to cover herself.

"Put on the suit." Steve repeated, serious this time.

"Yeah." Tony agreed, standing with him.

"Shostakov?" Steve called and she stood from her spot, nodding for him to carry on. "Come on."

{781}